If you are a new student who has a block on your ISIS account because you are required to provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI), you can provide your details using the pathway:
Navigator (Compass Icon on the top right) > ISIS > Personal Details > Unique Student Identifier
New students must complete enrolment before the second teaching week in the semester or by the last day to enrol in the course in a non-standard session. Please read on for further information about how to enrol.
• Before you start
- Please note, these programs have different enrolment instructions:
- ANU Express, Medical School, and Military Law students will be emailed alternative enrolment instructions.
- Graduate Studies Select students will follow the alternative enrolment instructions located on the GSS website.
- Crawford School students should attend the Crawford induction session to enrol.
- If you are a domestic student you should ensure that you have a tax file number in order to complete your request for Commonwealth Assistance.
- If you are an international student on a 'non-student visa' you must supply a copy of your visa to email@example.com once you arrive.
• How to enrol
- Step 1: Choose your courses
Program pages include 'more information for first year students' as a link in the summary box. You'll notice that some courses are compulsory and are pre-filled in the Study options table and some courses are electives, allowing you to choose from course options within your field of study.
Head back to the search page to browse the range of courses, majors, minors and specialisations that meet your program requirements.You need to note the course title, course code and class number of your choices in order to select them when you get to step two.
Your course fees will be invoiced in ISIS during the first two weeks of the semester or session. A notification will be sent to your ANU student email once your invoice has been made available.
- Step 2: Enrol on ISIS
Once you have identified the compulsory and elective courses you want to enrol in login to the Interactive Student Information System (ISIS).
You need to complete the Task Wizard in ISIS before progressing to enrolment.
Then go to Main Menu (compass in top-right hand corner) > Navigation > ISIS > Enrolment > Enrolment in the main menu to follow the steps in the How to enrol guide to add your courses.
- Step 3: Get your student card
- The way you collect, replace or renew your student card will vary depending on your circumstances. See our page on Student Cards to find out the quickest way you can get yours.
• After you have enrolled
- Your course fees will be invoiced in ISIS during the first two weeks of the semester or session. A notification will be sent to your ANU student email once your invoice has been made available.
- Although a timetable snapshot will appear in ISIS as soon as your enrol, you have to go to the Timetabling website for more detailed class information.
- Your course guide will appear in WATTLE shortly before your course commences.
- In your first lectures you will be given information regarding tutorial sign-up.
• How do I participate as a remote student?
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, the University recognises that some students won't be able to return to in-person, classroom teaching.
If you are unable to return to the classroom, your course convenors will ensure suitable alternatives are in place to meet your needs.
Please register your request to learn remotely with the relevant course convenors if you are unable to attend your classes in-person. You can register your request for remote participation through the form on your Wattle course site (unless your convenor provides alternate instructions for their course).
Please visit the request remote participation web page for further information.
• Additional Resources
Troubleshooting your enrolment
• I can't log on to ISIS.
If you are a new commencing student
, you should have received a Password email from ANU. If you did not receive this email, please refer to this webpage
for further instructions.
If you are a current student and cannot remember your password,
you can visit Identity Self Service
and click 'Forgot Password' to reset your password. You can also contact our IT Service Desk on +61 2 612 54321 for further assistance.
• I am getting an error message saying that I've exceeded my unit loading limit.
• I need a permission code.
Please contact your Academic College
to obtain a permission code for your course.
• I am trying to drop courses via ISIS and haven't been able to.
• I want to take program leave.
We strongly encourage you to contact your Academic College for advice before making this decision.
- If you are a new commencing student: Domestic students should visit this page for instructions. International students should contact our International Admissions Team on +61 26125 5594 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your deferral request.
- If you are a current student: Domestic students should visit this page for instructions. International students should visit this page for instructions.
Need further assistance?