- My student card has expired, how do I extend it?
You can bring your expired student card to Student Central on Level 1, Di Riddell Student Centre (Building 154) from 10am - 4pm, Monday to Friday to have your card expiry extended by 1 year.
You do not need an appointment to extend your card expiry date.
If you are studying remotely in Australia, please complete the Student Card Request eForm to have your student card extended and an extension sticker will be posted to you.
- Do I have to pay for my student card?
You do not need to pay a replacement fee if you are requesting:
- Your first student card as a new student.
- Replacement of an expired or damaged student card.
A replacement fee of $30 will be charged if your student card is lost or stolen*.
You can pay this fee on ISIS via the pathway:
- NavBar (compass icon) > Navigator > ISIS > Account Details > Miscellaneous Purchases
*The replacement fee will be waived upon presentation of a police report documenting the theft.
- What name will my student card show?
Your preferred name will be used on your student card. You can update your preferred name yourself on ISIS via the pathway:
- NavBar (compass icon) > Navigator > ISIS > Personal Details > Personal Information
Please visit the Change or correct your name webpage for detailed instructions on updating your preferred name or official university record.
- What if I live outside Australia?
Student Central is currently only able to provide student cards for those students that are located in Australia.
If you need to provide proof of your enrolment and studies at ANU, you can use either your Program Confirmation letter or your Enrolment Confirmation Letter.
You can download these letters from your ISIS account by selecting the following:
- NavBar (compass icon) > Navigator > ISIS > Academic Records > Letters
Make sure you don't have pop-up windows blocked on your web browser.
- I am currently studying outside Australia, how can I get my student card?
We are not currently providing student cards to students who are studying outside Australia.
- Can I still access on-campus buildings even though my student card has expired?
If your card has expired you will not have access to on-campus buildings.
You can request to have your card expiry extended by:
- checking you are enrolled in courses (or research for HDR students) via your ISIS homepage, and
- visiting Student Central on Level 1, Di Riddell Student Centre (Building 154) during opening hours to obtain an updated expiry sticker. You must bring your expired card with you.
- How can I verify my identity as an ANU student without a student card?
To verify your identity without a student card you can use your Program and Enrolment confirmation letters (download from ISIS) and photo ID (e.g. passport or driver's license).