Student Central Working Remotely - 12 Aug 2021
Student Central working remotely
In response to positive COVID-19 cases in Canberra, Student Central will be working remotely to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of our staff and students. During this time, Student Central will only be contactable via email. We will work to respond to your email as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding.
ANU Student Central is your first point of contact for anything relating to student administration, advice and support services.
Our friendly team can help you with a range of enquiries from enrolling in your course and understanding fees and invoices, to getting your student ID card, graduation and more.
- 14 September - Semester 2 Census Date
- 4 October - Labour Day Public Holiday
- 29 October - Semester 2 ends
- 3 November - Last day to drop second semester courses without failure (WD grade)
- 4 November - Second Semester Examination Period (Continues until 20/11)
- 6 December - IT Maintenance (WATTLE) (Continues until 7/12)
- 14 December - Graduations
For the full calendar of key dates, including an iCal file to add these dates to your calendar, visit the University Calendar.
*Students who drop courses after census date (14 September for Semester 2, 2020) will remain financially liable for the course. See the Census dates webpage for more information.
Whether you're studying remotely, want to learn more about student admin at your own pace or need an answer to your query outside business hours, don't worry we've got you!
Experiencing technical difficulties with a student administration system?
Student Central has created the following online resources so that you can get student admin information 24/7. Find out more below:
• Student Central Wattle Page
- This is an online information hub that will house a range of Orientation Week resources for new students and continuing students such as video webinars and guides about enrolment, timetabling, domestic fees, international fees and more.
- To access the Student Central Wattle, all you need to do is visit this link and click the 'Self-Enrol' button.
• OurBot, the Student Central Chatbot
- OurBot is here to help answer any frequently asked questions you might have about ANU student administration.
- OurBot will be there to guide new and continuing students to answer quick questions at any time of the day or night.
- It is hosted on this webpage and other relevant student administration pages throughout the ANU website.
Get in touch with Student Central
Have a question or need further assistance? You can get in touch with the Student Central team through the following ways:
• Student Central (Currently unavailable via face-to-face service due to current lockdown restrictions)
- Our face-to-face service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (AEDT) by appointment.
- The service operates from Level 1 of the Di Riddell Student Centre (Building 154) in Kambri.
- Appointments are essential to use this service. You can make an appointment through the Student Central Setmore page.
- For other student enquiries, please get in touch with us via email or phone.
- Please make sure to use your ANU student email account - it is University policy to use your ANU email account for official University communications (for privacy and security purposes).
- We are working our hardest to respond to email enquiries with 7 business days. There may be a delay in our response due to the volume of emails we're currently receiving.
- To help us respond to your enquiry as soon as possible, we ask that you don't send multiple or duplicate emails for the same request.
- If the matter is urgent please contact via our phone service.
Our friendly team is available via Zoom from 10am - 4pm Monday to Friday (AEDT).
Other sources of funding assistance may include (but are not limited to):
Key Student Contacts
A directory of key student contacts for academic advice, wellbeing support and administrative support can be found on our Key Student Contacts webpage