International students can apply for program leave using the Manage My Degree eForm, via ISIS.
It is important that you provide independent supporting documentation to support your application. It is not sufficient to provide only a personal statement outlining your special circumstances, even if it is a statutory declaration or an affidavit.
Documentation must be in English. Where the original documentation is not in English, an official translation must be provided. Students should attach copies of the original documentation and the English translation of these documents.
Supporting documentation may include:
For medical reasons - a statement from a doctor including:
- the date your medical condition began or changed;
- how your condition affected your ability to study; and
- when it became apparent that you could not continue with your studies.
Please Note: You should inform your doctor that the statement will be sent to ANU in support of your application.
For family/personal reasons - a statement from a doctor, counsellor or independent member of the community (e.g., a Justice of the Peace or a Minister of Religion) stating:
- the date your personal circumstance began or changed;
- how your circumstance affected your ability to study; and
- when it became apparent you could not continue your studies.
Students will be advised of the outcome of the application within 28 business days of the receipt of the application. If you have not had a response in this time, you should contact your ANU College.