Student Administration and Records will endeavor to process your refund within 28 calendar days of your application being received and a credit appearing on your account. In some circumstances, refunds may require extra time to process due to delays in administrative processing, appeals or incomplete information being provided. Please ensure that you read and complete the form correctly and provide information where requested to avoid delays in the processing of your refund.
Under the circumstances outlined below students may be eligible for a full or partial refund of their fees, or removal of student contribution liability.
- Where the University withdraws the offer of a place.
- If the conditions of an offer are not met by the student.
- If a student withdraws from a program before the relevant census date.
- If a student drops a course before the relevant census date.
- Where unforeseen circumstances, such as ill health or visa refusal, has forced withdrawal from a program after the normal deadlines.
Read the Student refund policy and procedure to confirm your eligibility under the relevant fee category. If eligible you can use either the online or PDF form on this page to submit your application.
An international student who cancels their place or withdraws from a program in writing at least four weeks before the program start date, will be refunded the program fees paid less the administrative fee of A$250.00.
An international student who cancels their place or withdraws from a program in writing less than four weeks before the program start date but before census date, will be refunded the program fees paid less an administrative fee of A$2,500.00.
- We are unable to refund back to a credit card. Payments will be refunded to a bank account via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Telegraphic Transfer (TT).
- If you are an active student and have requested a refund to an Australian bank account, please ensure your Australian bank account details on ISIS are correct and match the bank details provided on your refund application. If these bank details don't match, it can delay your refund.
- If you have submitted a Manage My Degree eForm and requested a refund as part of that application, please do not submit an additional refund application. Submitting multiple refund applications can delay the refund process.
- You will be required to confirm with your bank that they will accept International payments in your nominated currency before submitting your application. This is particularly important for CNY/RMB currencies. Once you submit your application you are acknowledging that you have checked and have confirmation from your bank that they will accept International payments in this currency.
- The University is not liable for any financial loss incurred if your bank rejects the payment in your requested currency.