Pre-orders for physical copies of your Transcript or AHEGS for graduation will open on Thursday 8 July, 5:00pm (AEST), and close Monday 12 July, 12:00pm (midday) (AEST).
Your graduation documents
- What are graduation documents?
When you graduate from the Australian National University, you'll receive the following documents:
- Testamur: the formal certificate of your award and includes the University seal and signatures from the ANU Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS): an official statement describing your award, ANU and the Australian higher education system
- Academic Transcript (Transcript): an official record of your complete enrolment at ANU, including all your courses and grades, grade point average and program status
- What documents do I get free of charge when I graduate?
- A physical copy of a Testamur will be posted to your mailing address on ISIS by the Graduation Office. Your Testamur will generally be posted within 6 weeks of your conferral. In-person collection of Testamurs is currently not available due to COVID-19. If you have a question about your testamur please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital copies of your Testamur, Academic Transcript and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) will be made available via My eQuals within 72 hours of your conferral. You will receive an email notification to your ANU email account when they have been uploaded.
Options for ordering physical copies of your Transcript or AHEGS?
Items will be posted within 6 weeks of your conferral.
Please note, delivery time will depend on
DHL (international) and Express Post (domestic).
You can collect your order from 16 July 2021
No cost for in-person collection.
Charges apply to ordering your documentation prior to collection.
- How can I order physical copies of my Transcript or AHEGS?
- It may not be necessary to have physical copies of your Transcript or AHEGS as you will receive free digital copies that can be shared indefinitely via My eQuals.
- Orders for physical copies of your Transcript or AHEGS for graduation will be open Thursday 8 July, 5:00pm (AEST), and close Monday 12 July, 12:00pm (midday) (AEST).
- Option 1: Order Documents to be posted to your mailing address
- If you choose this option, your documents will be posted to the mailing address listed in your ISIS account by Monday 26 July 2021.
- Orders within Australia will be posted via Australia Post Express Post. International orders will be posted via DHL Express Post. Please note, there may be delays with postage due to DHL or Australia Post's COVID-related service restrictions.
- You must ensure that your mailing address and phone number are correct on ISIS at the time of your order as this is where your documents will be posted. The phone number will be used to ensure Australia Post or DHL can contact you if your document cannot be delivered for any reason. Refunds will not be issued if your document cannot be delivered due to an incorrect address or phone number.
- If your documents have not arrived to you by late August please email Student Central at email@example.com.
- Option 2: Pre-order documents to collect by appointment on-campus
- If you choose this option, you will be able to collect your documents on-campus via appointment from on Friday 16 July 2021 from Level 3 Marie Reay (building 155).
- Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, you will be required to make an appointment to collect your documents. The option to book an appointment open from 9:00am Thursday, 8 July so you can book an appointment when you order your documents. To book an appointment when you order, please visit the Student Central Setmore page and choose "Graduation document collection".
- When you attend your appointment, you will need to be wearing a face mask, as per ACT Government guidelines for COVID Safety.
- To comply with social distancing, only one person can attend per appointment.
- You can provide written consent for another person collect your documents on your behalf. Please submit a Consent to Disclosure of Information form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your ANU email address.
- How do I update my mailing address on ISIS?
- To change your mailing address on ISIS, please follow the pathway: NavBar (Compass Icon) > Navigator > ISIS > Personal Details > Addresses > update your MAILING ADDRESS
- Please make sure all your details are correct and updated by at the time of your order. If your details are not updated by 11:59pm Monday, 12 July we cannot guarantee that your documents will be posted to the correct address. Refunds will not be issued if you do not update your address by this date.
- How do I order after the graduation order process closes?
How to order
- Ordering via ISIS
- You can purchase your physical documents on ISIS via the 'Miscellaneous Purchases' page. To find this page, please follow the pathway:
- NavBar (Compass Icon) > Navigator > ISIS > Account Details > Miscellaneous Purchases
- Once on the 'Miscellaneous Purchases' page, please follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Click the magnifying glass for the 'Select Semester / Session' field
- Step 2: Select 'First Semester 2021'
- Step 3: Click the magnifying glass for 'Select Miscellaneous Purchase' field to show the list of purchase options, then select the option you wish to purchase (note that postage is a separate option, if you do not choose a postage option then it will default to the pickup option).
- For example:
- 1 x AHEGS to purchase 1 physical copy of your AHEGS $30
- 1 x TRANSCIPT to purchase 1 physical copy of your Transcript $30
- Postage overseas via DHL $45
- Step 4: Click the 'Add' button to purchase multiple items
- Step 5: Once you've finished selecting the documents you wish to purchase, click the 'Pay for Miscellaneous Purchase(s)' button to proceed to the payment portal. Please make sure you receive your receipt number so that your purchase is final.
- Can I purchase physical copies of my Academic Transcript and/or AHEGS in the future?
- You can purchase additional physical copies of your AHEGS and Transcript if needed in the future.
- It may not be necessary to have physical copies of your AHEGS and Transcript, as you will receive free digital copies that can be shared indefinitely via My eQuals. If you don't pre-order documents now but find you need them in the future then please follow these instructions:
- Please note that these regular services will reopen 9:00am Monday, 19 July (AEST).
What to do if you forgot to pre-order graduation documents
If you missed pre-ordering your graduation documents (transcript and AHEGS) and need a physical copy, you will need to wait to order your documents after the University's shutdown period. This service will reopen from 9:00am Monday, 19 July (AEST). See here for instructions on how to purchase:
These will be posted from the 26 July 2021. If you wish to pick up your documents you will need to make an appointment from 2 August 2021.
Graduation document processing timeline
- When will my graduation documents be posted to me?
- Your documents will be posted to the mailing address listed in our ISIS account by Monday 26 July 2021. Please note, there may be delays with postage due to DHL or Australia Post's COVID-related service restrictions.
- Please note, we will endeavour to complete all graduation document orders as quickly as possible and will advise you via email if your documents can be posted earlier than expected.
- Can I pick up my ordered graduation documents earlier?
- Due to COVID-19 social distancing restrictions we are only able to offer an appointment system for documentation collection that satisfies the government social distancing rules. Location for collection is Level 3, Marie Reay (Building 155).
- We will endeavour to complete all graduation document orders as quickly as possible and will advise you if you are able to pick up your documents earlier.
- When will the Graduation Office post my testamur?
- You should expect to receive your Testamur in the mail within 6 weeks of conferral. If you need further information you may contact the Graduation Office directly by emailing email@example.com.
- Why can't I get a Transcript or AHEGS that shows I'm graduating before the conferral date?
- Transcripts for any graduates will not be printed until you are conferred on Friday 16 July, 2021. This is to ensure that the document states that you have been awarded. If it is printed before the before conferral, your documents will only state that you have completed the degree, not graduated.
Sharing your documents via My eQuals
Now that you have graduated, you will be able to log in to your My eQuals account to see and share digital copies of your Academic Transcript, Austrailian Higher Education Graduation Statements (AHEGS) and Testamur to a third-party such as another education institution, employer or other registered organisation.
Log in to My eQuals using the 'Sign in with your Education Provider' button.
Select the Australian National University as your instruction then click 'Continue.'
Log-in using your ANU student ID number and password. If you don't remember your login details or are having issues logging in, please contact the IT Service Desk.
Once logged on, click the 'Share' button next to the graduation document/s you wish to share. You'll then have the option to share your graduation document/s via download link, direct email from to a registered organisation or an encrypted PDF file.
A step-by-step video can be found on this webpage. If you have any additional questions, please get in touch with Student Central.
- How can I confirm my degree program before graduation?
- Completion Letter
- A Completion Letter is a document letter that confirms the following information:
- your completion of the requirements to be awarded your degree program
- the degree program was conducted and examined in English
- commencement and completion dates
- that you will be eligible to graduate at the next graduation ceremony
- You can request a copy of your Completion Letter from your Academic College after grade release. You can request this by emailing your request to your Academic College/s.
- Please note that your Academic College cannot process your Completion Letter until the grades for your final semester have been released on Wednesday 7 July 2021.
- Can I get my documents certified?
- ANU does not certify any graduation documents as the documents you receive (physical and digital) are already official certified documents.
- What if I need an apostille?
- As of 1 July 2014, Australian University documents (either the original or a notarised true copy) can only be legalised by DFAT if they satisfy one of the processes of verification outlined below.
- Original ANU awards containing signatures or seals obtained on or after 1995 can be authenticated or apostilled by DFAT directly on the original. There is no requirement to present them to Student Central to verify the content. The award obtained can be verified through graduate search as a matter of public record.
- Photocopies of all ANU awards must be certified as a true copy by an Australian Notary Public. If it was obtained on or after 1995, the Notary Public can state in their certification that the award confers with the graduate search.
- If you would like more information about the DFAT apostille process please see: https://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/program-management/education-verification-authentication
Need some assistance and/or further information?
You can get in touch wtih Student Central via email, phone, or book a general enquiry session. Visit the Student Central homepage for more information.