Drop-ins are offered online via Zoom and in-person on campus throughout the semester.
Learn from students who have been there. Visit a Peer Writer today!
- Drop-ins operate Monday - Friday from 12pm to 3pm throughout semester.
- The Peer Writing Service operates online via Zoom and in-person on campus
- Find the Zoom link through our Wattle site.
- When in person, visit Level 2 of the Chifley Library. The Peer Writers are at the main desk near the entrance.
Drop-ins are delivered by Peer Writers who are trained senior students. They are selected for their excellent academic record, writing skills and leadership qualities. Peer Writers can help you break down the question and get started on your work. They can also provide study skills advice on time management, note taking, and managing the reading.
What to expect
There is no need to make appointments for drop-ins. There may be a short wait depending on demand.
Drop ins are designed for relatively quick queries. Typical issues we can discuss are:
- Analysing a question
- Understanding the requirements for a report, critical review, annotated bibliography or some other type of assessment
- Developing a plan for your essay, report, oral presentation or other type of assessment
- Referencing questions
- Preparing for exams
- Time management techniques
Peer Writers can give feedback on short pieces of writing. If you need detailed feedback, book in with a Writing Coach or Learning Adviser instead.
Other points to note:
- We cannot provide assistance with the actual academic content of your work or provide you with an estimate of a likely grade for your work.
- We are not allowed to comment on take-home exams, although we can discuss how they may be different to coursework essay expectations.
Learn more about the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)