What to expect
There is no need to make appointments for drop-ins. There may be a short wait depending on demand.
Drop ins are designed for relatively quick queries. Typical issues we can discuss are:
- Analysing a question
- Understanding the requirements for a report, critical review, annotated bibliography or some other type of assessment
- Developing a plan for your essay, report, oral presentation or other type of assessment
- Referencing questions
- Preparing for exams
- Time management techniques
Peer Writers can give feedback on short pieces of writing. If you need detailed feedback, book in with a Writing Coach or Learning Adviser instead.
Other points to note:
- We cannot provide assistance with the actual academic content of your work or provide you with an estimate of a likely grade for your work.
- We are not allowed to comment on take-home exams, although we can discuss how they may be different to coursework essay expectations