What to expect
There is no need to make appointments for drop-ins, just join the Zoom meeting during the chat times. There may be a short wait depending on demand.
Drop ins are designed for relatively quick queries. Typical issues we can discuss are:
- Analysing a question
- Understanding the requirements for a report, critical review, annotated bibliography or some other type of assessment
- Developing a plan for your essay, report, oral presentation or other type of assessment
- Referencing questions
- Preparing for exams
- Time management techniques
Peer Writers are not able to give feedback on writing in the chat room. If you need detailed feedback, book in with a Writing Coach instead.
Drop-ins are held in an open chat so we are unable to deal with confidential issues. For these issues, please book an appointment with a Writing Coach or Learning Adviser.
Other points to note:
- We cannot provide assistance with the actual academic content of your work or provide you with an estimate of a likely grade for your work.
- We are not allowed to comment on take-home exams, although we can discuss how they may be different to coursework essay expectations