What to expect
Appointments with Writing Coaches are 30 minutes. They are aimed to assist you to develop your writing and other academic skills. You can discuss issues such as a draft you are working on, or talk about how to approach an assignment, time management issues or referencing.
We have a few rules to help share appointments and to give you time between appointments to apply some of the feedback.
- Booked appointments are limited to a maximum of one per week and three per calendar month.
- We will see a draft only once. We can however have an earlier discussion about the assignment, how to approach etc., and then see a full draft.
- We cannot see an assessment piece that is due on the day of the appointment.
- We do not edit, proofread or grammar check.
- We do not advise on the disciplinary content of your work. Your tutors, lecturers and supervisors are the best resources for content-specific advice.
- We cannot estimate a likely grade for your work.
- We will only see work directly related to an ANU course of study. For example, we do not advise on IELTS tests, CVs or resumes, job applications or applications to university programs.
- We do not see take-home exams.
- We ask that you do not record the consultation.
Our services are very popular. In order to provide a fair system for all students, we have some guidelines around appointment cancellations.
- If you are no longer able to attend a booked appointment, please cancel as soon as possible. You can cancel online through the link provided in your confirmation email when you book an appointment. It is best to cancel yourself, but if you are having trouble, please email email@example.com to cancel your appointment.
Learn more about the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)