What to expect
Appointments with Writing Coaches are aimed to assist you to develop your writing and other academic skills. You can discuss issues such as a draft you are working on, or talk about how to approach an assignment, time management issues or referencing.
If you want feedback on a draft, upload that via our Wattle site:https://wattlecourses.anu.edu.au/course/view.php?id=30906. It is helpful to see the assignment instructions. The Writing Coach will work with you to go through the assignment and provide specific and individualised feedback.
We have a few rules to help share appointments and to give you time between appointments to apply some of the feedback.
- We will see a draft only once. We can however have an earlier discussion about the assignment, how to approach etc
- We cannot see an assessment piece that is due on the day of the appointment
- We do not edit, proofread or grammar check
- We do not advise on the disciplinary content of your work. Your tutors, lecturers and supervisors are the best resources for content-specific advice
- We cannot estimate a likely grade for your work
- We will only see work directly related to an ANU course of study. For example, we do not advise on IELTS tests, CVs or resumes, job applications or applications to other universities
- We do not see take-home exams
Our services are very popular. In order to provide a fair system for all students, we have some guidelines around appointment cancellations.
- If you are no longer able to attend a booked appointment, please cancel as soon as possible. You can cancel either online or over the phone.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment, you will need to wait two weeks before your next appointment.
- If you fail to attend an appointment, or cancel within the 24 hour period more than once, you will not be able to make another appointment that semester.