What to expect
Booked appointments with Learning Advisers are for 45 minutes and start on the hour. If you are seeking feedback on a draft, submit your work before 8:30 on the morning of your appointment. If you draft is longer than 6,000 words, we prefer to receive it the day before so that the Adviser has more time to review.
We have a few rules to help share appointments and to give you time between appointments to apply some of the feedback.
If you have any problems making an appointment, don't hesitate to get in touch. We operate a waitlist during busy times and can usually accommodate requests.
- Booked appointments for Learning Advisers are limited to once every two weeks (for Writing Coaches appointments are limited to once a week)
- We will see a full draft of an assessment piece only once (but you can show us an outline, and then a full draft in another appointment)
- We cannot see an assessment piece that is due on the day of the appointment
- We do not edit, proofread or grammar check
- We do not advise on the disciplinary content of your work. Your tutors, lecturers and supervisors are the best resources for content-specific advice
- We cannot estimate a likely grade for your work
- We will only see work directly related to an ANU course of study. For example, we do not advise on IELTS tests, CVs or resumes, job applications or applications to other universities
- We do not see take-home exams
- We cannot see work for courses from the Crawford School of Public Policy or the Military Studies Program (Australian Command and Staff College). These areas have their own support staff.
- ANU College students can use our services if enrolled in Diploma or Associate Degree programmes only.
- We ask that you do not record the consultation.
Our services are very popular. In order to provide a fair system for all students, we have some guidelines around appointment cancellations.
- If you are no longer able to attend a booked appointment, please cancel as soon as possible. You can cancel either online or over the phone.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment, you will need to wait two weeks before your next appointment.
- If you fail to attend an appointment, or cancel within the 24 hour period more than once, you will not be able to make another appointment that semester.