What to expect
Booked appointments with Learning Advisers are for 45 minutes and typically start on the hour. If you are seeking feedback on a draft, submit your work before 8:30am on the morning of your appointment.
We have a few rules to help share appointments and to give you time between appointments to apply some of the feedback.
If you have any problems making an appointment, don't hesitate to get in touch. We operate a waitlist during busy times and can usually accommodate requests.
- Booked appointments are limited to a maximum of one per week and three per calendar month.
- We will see a full draft of an assessment piece only once (but you can show us an outline, and then a full draft in another appointment).
- We cannot see an assessment piece that is due on the day of the appointment.
- We do not edit, proofread or grammar check.
- We do not advise on the disciplinary content of your work. Your tutors, lecturers and supervisors are the best resources for content-specific advice.
- We cannot estimate a likely grade for your work.
- We will only see work directly related to an ANU course of study. For example, we do not advise on IELTS tests, CVs or resumes, job applications or applications to university programs
- We do not see take-home exams.
- We cannot see work for courses from the Crawford School of Public Policy or the Military Studies Program (Australian Command and Staff College). These areas have their own support staff.
- ANU College students can use our services if enrolled in Diploma or Associate Degree programmes only.
- We ask that you do not record the consultation.
Our services are very popular. In order to provide a fair system for all students, we have some guidelines around appointment cancellations.
If you are no longer able to attend a booked appointment, please cancel as soon as possible. You can cancel online through the link provided in your confirmation email when you book an appointment. It is best to cancel yourself, but if you are having trouble, please email email@example.com to cancel your appointment.
We have a zero tolerance policy for abusive or threatening behaviours directed at staff or students. This includes shouting, swearing, threats, name calling, racist comments and inappropriate gestures. Without exception, those who abuse will be required to leave our offices immediately and will no longer be able to access this service.