What to expect
We have a few rules to help share appointments and to give you time between appointments to apply some of the feedback.
- Booked appointments are limited to one every two weeks for Learning Advisers, and once a week for Writing Coaches
- We will see a full draft of an assessment piece only once, but we can see an outline, and then a full draft
- We cannot see an assessment piece that is due on the day of the appointment
- We do not edit, proofread or grammar check
- We do not advise on the disciplinary content of your work. Your tutors, lecturers and supervisors are the best resources for content-specific advice
- We cannot estimate a likely grade for your work
- We will only see work directly related to an ANU course of study. For example, we do not advise on IELTS tests, CVs or resumes, job applications or applications to other universities
- We do not see take-home exams
Our services are very popular. In order to provide a fair system for all students, we have some guidelines around appointment cancellations.
- If you are no longer able to attend a booked appointment, please cancel as soon as possible. You can cancel either online or over the phone.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment, you will need to wait two weeks before your next appointment.
- If you fail to attend an appointment, or cancel within the 24 hour period more than once, you will not be able to make another appointment that semester.