What to expect
We have a few rules to help share appointments and to give you time between appointments to apply some of the feedback.
- Booked appointments are limited to a maximum of one per week and three per calendar month.
- We will see a full draft of an assessment piece only once, but we can see an outline, and then a full draft.
- We cannot see an assessment piece that is due on the day of the appointment.
- We do not edit, proofread or grammar check.
- We do not advise on the disciplinary content of your work. Your tutors, lecturers and supervisors are the best resources for content-specific advice.
- We cannot estimate a likely grade for your work.
- We will only see work directly related to an ANU course of study. For example, we do not advise on IELTS tests, CVs or resumes, job applications or applications to other universities
- We do not see take-home exams.
Our services are very popular. In order to provide a fair system for all students, we have some guidelines around appointment cancellations.
If you are no longer able to attend a booked appointment, please cancel as soon as possible. You can cancel online through the link provided in your confirmation email when you book an appointment. It is best to cancel yourself, but if you are having trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your appointment.
We have a zero tolerance policy for abusive or threatening behaviours directed at staff or students. This includes shouting, swearing, threats, name calling, racist comments and inappropriate gestures. Without exception, those who abuse will be required to leave our offices immediately and will no longer be able to access this service.