Change of residency

Students are encouraged to seek support whenever needed. 
Please visit the Health, Safety & Wellbeing webpage for available support services. 

Students who have been granted an Australian permanent residency visa, Australian citizenship or New Zealand citizenship may apply to change their residency status.

Domestic students are liable for lower tuition fees and may be eligible for other forms of assistance from the University and the Australian Government. The University must be notified of any changes to residency no later than the course census date before any adjustments can be made to the course tuition fees. Retroactive changes to tuition fees cannot be applied.

To change your residency status with the University:

  • Bring your original documentation (such as your citizenship certificate or passport) to Student Central on the ground level of the Di Riddell Sudent Centre, or;
  • Email a certified coloured copy of the document to from your ANU email account.

For more information regarding Document Certification and Translation, please visit the linked ANU web page.