The on campus health services provider is the ANU Medical Centre. The ANU Medical Centre operates a state-of-the-art health and wellness clinic on levels 2 and 3 of Health and Wellbeing Centre (Building 156) in Kambri. Services are currently free for ANU students; for ANU staff, please see update below.
Bookings can be made online via https://www.hotdoc.com.au/medical-centres/acton-ACT-2601/anu-medical-centre/doctors
We are open 5 days a week
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
The ANU Medical Centre is committed to providing our community with the highest quality of care. The service is primarily provided to ensure current students of the ANU have ready access to medical care. In the interests of maximizing student access and ensuring appropriate equity of access, the ANU Medical Centre will resume charging consultation fees for staff from 4 October 2022.
- Standard consultation - $90 (rebate $39.75; item 23)
- Long consultation - $150 (rebate $76.95; item 36)
- Prolonged consultation - $250 (rebate $113.30; item 44)
Flu vaccines are still available for ANU Students and Staff only. Bookings only available through reception staff at the clinic please call 02 61252211 to book a time. Any further enquiries, please email the clinic at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Booster shots are available at the University Pharmacy. Book over the counter or call 02 6248 6887.
The ANU Medical Centre provides you with access to a comprehensive range of health services including:
Our experienced team at ANU medical centre are:
- Dr Wilhem Anell - Joined the clinic in February 2019 with extensive experience in practice family medicine including men's health, minor surgery travel medicine obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Dr Craig Corr - Worked in Melbourne and Geelong providing General Practice and Anaesthetic services for last eight years and worked at the ANU Health service during the preceding eight years. Medical interests include sexual health, men's health and travel health.
- Dr Phillip Hope - Has been working at the ANU medical centre since 2006. Special interests include general medicine, mental health and travel medicine.
- Dr Michael Tedeschi - Has been working at the ANU medical service since 1998. and his special interest is in Drug and alcohol problems.
- Registered Nurse Casie Causley - Looking after all immunisation requirements.
A standard consultation is 15 minutes long. If you have a complex problem, or more than one concern, please ask for a longer appointment. If you are not sure if you need a longer appointment, please ask our receptionist.
ANU Medical Centre does not make appointments via email. Please book online
Prescriptions, Referrals, Medical Certificates will not be issued without an appointment. Medical advice cannot be provided via email to ensure privacy and confidentiality is maintained. Please discuss with your doctor if you have any concerns.
Failing to attend a scheduled appointment may result in a fee being charged. Please notify us if you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment.
Please note that from 1/12/2021 failing to honour booked appointments will incur the following charges:
- $40.00 for a 15 minute appointments
- $80.00 for half hour (30 minute) appointments
Interpreter Services are available if required, please let us know when you make an appointment and we can organise this for you (TIS National Ph 13 14 50). To assist with disease prevention and to deliver cultural appropriate care, please advise your GP of your cultural background.
Compliments or Complaints
Should you wish to make any compliments or offer any suggestions as to how we can improve our services, please call our clinic 02 6125 2211. You can also complete our feedback form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are satisfied or dissatisfied with any aspect of the care that you have received at this Centre please let us know. If your concerns are not resolved you can then contact the Health Services Commissioner by phoning 6205 2222.
In an Emergency please call 000 or CALMS Canberra after- hours locum medical services on 1300 422 567.
Our teams & contacts
|ANU Medical Centre|