Access & Inclusion is an educative hub on practices inclusive of disability within The Australian National University community.
We assist students who have a disability, medical condition or who are recognised primary carers of a person with a disability to participate fully in their program of study by providing advice, supports and adjustments that minimise the impact of disability in education.
We aim to:
- Raise awareness and understanding of disability issues with students and staff.
- Enable students with disability to participate fully in University life.
- Be at the forefront of disability services provision in higher education by using evidence-based practice that leverages the University's strength as one of Australia's leading universities.
We provide training and advice on:
- general disability awareness
- disability standards
- disability disclosure
- inclusive education practices
- physical access issues
- education access plans; and
- special exam arrangements.
Our work is supported and guided by University policies and procedures, as well as national legislation and standards.
Closed on public holidays.