Who are we?
Access and Inclusion (A&I) supports students within the Australian National University community whose participation in academic studies is impacted by physical and learning disabilities, mental health conditions, chronic medical conditions and short term illnesses/conditions. We also support carers, international under 18 students and elite athletes.
Our team of DisAbility and Equity Advisors provide advice, evidence-based supports and adjustments to minimise the impact on an ANU student's studies. Access and Inclusion helps students to participate fully in their program of study, be academically successful and achieve their personal best through the development of an Education Access Plan.
Advisors raise awareness and understanding of disability issues amongst the broader ANU community through training and advice given on:
- general disability awareness
- disability standards
- disability disclosure
- inclusive education practices
- physical access issues
- education access plans; and
- special exam arrangements.
Our work is supported and guided by ANU policies and procedures, as well as national legislation and standards.
COVID-19: Update to A&I Services
Access and Inclusion appointments are available by Zoom virtual appointment only effective from Monday, 23 March 2020 until further notice.
- To book an appointment for new registration, Education Access Plan (EAP) renewal or advisory (phone or Zoom online consultation only), please visit this page.
- For any other enquiries, please contact Access and Inclusion via email (details provided below).
You can also check the A&I frequently asked questions below for service-specific information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible for support from A&I?
Current students of ANU, including international students, who have a disability, medical or mental health condition or who are recognised primary carers of a person with a disability may be eligible to register to access reasonable adjustments. For more information, please visit this link.
- How can I book an appointment to register for support?
Information on how to register with A&I can be found on this webpage.
- I was registered last semester, how long will it take for A&I to process my registration renewal form?
Please allow our DisAbility & Equity Advisors between 5 - 10 business days to process these requests. The length of time often depends on the volume of enquiries we receive alongside whether we require further medical documentation to continue your support period.
- What can I do to ensure that A&I processing times are efficient as possible?
Ensure that you have completed each section of your registration form, (especially the release of information section as unless this has been ticked and signed the registration cannot be completed).
Try to register as early as possible each semester.
Contact A&I a minimum of two weeks ahead of examination period for Special Exam Arrangements to be put in place ahead of examinations.
If you are experiencing difficulty during the semester we encourage you to contact via email or schedule an advisory as possible so we intervene early with advice and support options.