Access and Inclusion (A&I) supports students within the Australian National University community whose participation in academic studies is impacted by:
- physical and learning disabilities
- mental health conditions
- chronic medical conditions
- short term illnesses/conditions
As well as support for:
- international under 18 students; and
- elite athletes.
Our team of DisAbility and Equity Advisors provide advice, evidence-based supports and adjustments to minimise the impact on an ANU student's studies. Access and Inclusion helps students to participate fully in their program of study, be academically successful and achieve their personal best through the development of an Education Access Plan.
Advisors raise awareness and understanding of disability issues amongst the broader ANU community through training and advice given on:
- general disability awareness
- disability standards
- disability disclosure
- inclusive education practices
- physical access issues
- education access plans; and
- special exam arrangements.
Access and Inclusion's work is supported and guided by ANU policies and procedures, as well as national legislation and standards.