Access and Inclusion appointments are available by Zoom appointment only. Please visit the How to Register homepage or email email@example.com to make a booking.
HOW TO RENEW:
Scenario One: If your medical documentation is current and you do not require any changes to the adjustments listed in your original Education Access Plan (EAP) please complete the following steps:
- Complete the A&I Renewal Form - please go to this link A&I Renewal Form
- Email completed Renewal Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your EAP will be updated to include your new course enrolments and sent electronically to the relevant College(s) - you will be cc'd into that email.
- Once your EAP has been issued, please discuss its implementation with each of your Course Convenors/Lecturers/Tutors. This can be done face-to-face or via email.
Scenario Two: If your medical documentation has expired, your medical condition has changed, or you require changes to the adjustments listed in your EAP please complete the following steps:
- You need to contact your medical practitioner and have them fill out the Health Practitioner Report - please go to this link A&I Health Practitioner Report
- Complete the A&I Renewal Form - see this link A&I Renewal Form
- Email your medical documentation and Renewal Form to email@example.com
- Please make an appointment with a DisAbility and Equity Advisor (DEA).
Additional information about EAP process:
- It is the student's responsibility to notify A&I for each new course enrolment to ensure that colleges receive EAP information about reasonable adjustments
- If students do not renew and/or advise A&I of their correct courses then they will not have reasonable adjustments or supports in place for those courses.
- Registration with A&I is determined by the dates outlined in medical documentation provided. If the support period has expired students will need to submit new medical documentation to continue their registration before a new EAP can be issued.
Important information about Special Exam Arrangements (SEAs) process:
If you are unsure whether your medical documentation has expired or have any queries about these instructions contact Access.Inclusion@anu.edu.au.