At ANU Academic Skills, we help students to develop the key academic skills and communication strategies that are foundational to all academic activity.
We assist students from first year undergraduate to final year Phd. No matter what degree you are studying or what level you are at, we want to help you reach your academic goals.
- Go to our main website: Academic Skills for all our online resources and links to all our services. This site contains a large number of useful resources and handouts on referencing and academic integrity, writing and assessment, and adjusting to university.
- At our Writing Centre we offer personalised advice to assist students with their writing or some other study related issue. You can pre-book a 30 minute or 45 minute appointment with a Writing Coach or Learning Adviser. Appointments are free and confidential. We also offer drop-ins with our Peer Writers on Level 3 of the Di Riddell Student Centre, these are for quick queries and do not need to be booked. They run from 11 to 1pm, Monday to Friday throughout the semester.
- If you are looking to improve your confidence in conversational English, why not join us at our English conversation groups. These are relaxed and friendly. No need to book.
- Turnitin Practice site: allows students to submit their drafts through Turnitin before their final submission. The site also provides resources to help interpret the originality report, and how to quote and paraphrase correctly.
- We deliver workshops during Oweek or as part of a course covering a wide range of topics. Recordings and resources from the O week workshops are available through our Orientation wattle site.
- If you are a research student, take a look at our Research Writing resources.
If you need more information about any of our services or resources, get in touch with us via our contact options below.
9am - 5pm weekdays
(Closed on public holidays and weekends)
Please note our new location!
Level 3, Di Riddell Student Centre
Building 154, University Ave
The Australian National University
Acton ACT 2601 Australia