What is ANU+?
The ANU+ award is a program that formally recognises your experience and contribution achieved through volunteering. It encourages you to give back to the community, to develop skills related to your employability prospects and to reflect on your co-curricular experiences to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the world around you. In this program, you will develop the following skills:
- inclusion and awareness of diversity
- communication skills
- community and global engagement
- personal and social responsibility
- leadership skills and understanding of organisational dynamics.
Learn everything you need to know about ANU+ in our handbook.
How do I get involved?
The first step is to attend a compulsory ANU+ workshop.
In Semester 2, 2023, compulsory workshops will resume in September. Search 'ANU+' in Events on CareerHub to register for a workshop.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are some of the commonly asked questions relating to the ANU+ Program.
Can I do ANU+ and when can I start?
ANU+ is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students. Students can start at any time in their degree.
Read our ANU+ requirements (below) for more information.
- Attend introductory workshop and ensure you complete the pre reading. Search 'ANU+' in Events on CareerHub to register for a workshop.
- Agree to code of conduct.
- Volunteer 20 hours.
- Reflect on your development (200-500 words.)
- Repeat steps 3-4 five times as an undergraduate (100 hours in total) or three times if you are postgraduate (60 hours in total). You will also receive opportunities to support your skill development such as completing a strengths assessment and a tailored career planning appointment.
- Final submission - written, video, presentation or another approved format of your choice.
- Receive the ANU+ award, which will appear on your academic transcript.
What will I receive on completion?
Successful participants are awarded the ANU+ Award which will appear on your academic transcript.
I want to find volunteering
I am an ANU+ student and want to make a submission
You'll have access to ANU+ on CareerHub. Please follow the steps there for submissions.
I am an ANU staff member and want to register a volunteer role for ANU+
If you are an ANU staff member and want your volunteer roles to count towards ANU+, please fill in this form.
Deadline to submit your final reflection to finish ANU+ in Semester 1, 2024. All timesheets and short reflections must be approved by the time you submit or present your final reflection.
Deadline to submit your final reflection to finish ANU+ in Semester 2, 2024. All timesheets and short reflections must be approved by the time you submit or present your final reflection.