Further information about Special Dispensation will be uploaded on this webpage once finalised (Last updated: 8 July 2020)
If you are a student who:
is impacted by travel restrictions; and
- you commenced your program at ANU prior to Semester 1, 2020; or
- you are commencing a new program at ANU in Semester 1, 2020 and have previously studied at ANU,
then you are a continuing student and will be eligible for Special Dispensation, which means that if you fail a course you take in Semester 1, 2020, you will be able to re-take this course a second time at no cost.
Special Dispensation does not apply to courses repeated where:
- Students were not identified as remote in first semester.
- Courses where a subsequent repeat course has already received Special Dispensation.
- Courses which are not undertaken in the same program as the original failed course.
- Grades applied as a result of misconduct or discipline proceedings in Semester 1, 2020 may not be eligible for Special Dispensation.