Obtaining your COVID-19 Digital Certificate
If you received a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine overseas, you can register your vaccination when you return to Australia. Once you have registered your vaccination, you will receive an Australian COVID-19 digital certificate. Please follow steps below for more information:
1. Create a MyGov account at https://my.gov.au/
2. Once logged in, select 'quick link: proof of COVID-19 vaccinations' --> select 'link to Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI)'.
3. To obtain an IHI, you will need to provide your passport or Australian visa details. You will obtain your IHI number once you have completed this step.
4. Once you have obtained your IHI, you need to gather your documentations before you can register at the chemist or at ANU Medical Centre. You will need to fist print your international vaccination certificate. This certificate must contain your vaccine lot number. You also need to know your IHI number from step 3 above.
5a. If you choose to go to the chemist to register, you will need to bring a printed copy of your international vaccination certificate. Ask the chemist that you'd like an Australian vaccination certificate. They will assist you with the registration process.
5b. Alternatively, you can also register for digital vaccine certificate by emailing ANU Medical Centre. If you opt for this, you do NOT need to go the pharmacy. You do NOT need to print your international vaccine certificate. Email email@example.com with the below:
- Attach a copy of your international vaccination certificate
- First Name:
- Last name:
- Date of birth:
- Your IHI number:
- Your Australian address:
- Your ANU UNI ID
6. Once you have been registered, log in to your MyGov account and select "your service" --> "Individual Healthcare Identifier" --> "View COVID-19 digital certificate"