IMPORTANT: The deadline to renew your EAPs to receive Special (Alternative) Exam Arrangements (SEAs) for Mid-semester exams: is 5 pm on Wednesday, 8th March 2023.
Students must be enrolled at the Australian National University (ANU) before they can register with Access & Inclusion (A&I) to develop a personalised Education Access Plan (EAP).
A&I is a free and confidential service that support students within the ANU community whose participation in academic studies is impacted by physical and learning disabilities, mental health conditions, chronic medical conditions and short term illnesses/conditions. We also support carers and elite athletes.
Our team of DisAbility and Equity Advisors provide advice, evidence-based supports and adjustments to minimise the impact on an ANU student's studies. Access and Inclusion helps students to participate fully in their program of study, be academically successful and achieve their personal best through the development of an Education Access Plan.
A&I recommend students get in touch with us as soon as possible if you require study adjustments or assistance. Providing information late may impact our capacity to implement an EAP that is in place in time to minimise the impact of your condition on your studies or exams.
Register with A&I
Registration with A&I involves meeting with a DisAbility and Equity Advisor (DEA) to develop a personalised Education Access Plan (EAP), which outlines reasonable adjustments to support you to achieve your personal best whilst studying at the ANU. This information will be kept private and will not appear on your academic record or transcript.
In order for the University to adjust a process, provide equipment, or make any other adjustments, the student must disclose the nature and extent of the disability or medical condition. This information will be kept private and will not appear on your academic record or transcript. A&I will then assess the nature and extent of the disability or medical condition and facilitate the provision of support. Students may request that their assessment be reviewed at any time.
Appointments will consist of a 50 minute consultation with a DEA to discuss your circumstances and develop and Education Access Plan (EAP) if appropriate.
Step 1 - Gather your required documentation
Prepare your current medical documentation outlining diagnosis, impact on studies and recommendations for reasonable adjustments. Required medical documentation outlined on this page.
Your medical practitioner is to complete the Health Practitioner Report (HPR)(PDF,154KB) If you have medical documentation which is no older than 2 years, you may submit this for consideration.
If you are transitioning from Secondary/High school and have Individual Education Plan (IEP/EAP) or similar additional learning needs documentation, please also forward this with your email requesting a registration appointment at A&I.
Step 2 - Create an Access account
- To create an account in Student Access Portal.
- Fill out the request form with the relevant detail as per university records and click Submit.
- Note: ANU Student ID number should be entered without a "u". E.g. Student ID is u1234567, then please just enter 1234567. There should be 7 numeric digits.
- You will receive a verification email with a link to verify your account.
- Please click on the link provided in the email to verify.
- Once verified successfully, you will receive an email on how to access your student portal.
- You can then proceed to the next step.
- Note: should some detail in your initial registration be incorrect, you will also receive an email from A&I asking you to re-register using the correct information.
IMPORTANT: Once verified, A&I will review your account registration request. This may take several days depending on workload.
Step 3 - Submit a Registration form through the Access Portal
Note: Access is Single-Sign-On (SSO) enabled, that means if you are within the ANU environment and have previously logged into an ANU system, you do not need to enter your username/password details again, simply click on the SSO option on the entry page.
- Log into the Student Access Portal
- Click on My Access and Inclusion Supports drop-down on the left pane and select Access & Inclusion Registration Form
- Provide all the relevant details, such as the purpose of your registration, medical/disability conditions, and what type of adjustments you require, and submit the form.
- To submit the supporting documents, click on My Access and Inclusion Supports drop-down on the left pane and select the Documents tab. To add a document/s click on Add New Accessibility Document.
After successful registration, appointment details will be provided via an email and can be viewed in the Student Access Portal.
The registration appointment must be attended to complete the registration process.
If you have trouble registering, please contact the Access & Inclusion office.