The Student Safety and Wellbeing team is here to provide confidential support to students experiencing a range of issues that can impact on their university experience and academic engagement.
Case Managers have backgrounds in health, social work, counselling and human services. They work from person-centred and trauma-informed practice frameworks. This means that you will be treated with dignity and respect and will receive a transparent and confidential service that will empower you to make choices and connect with others.
The Student Safety and Wellbeing team provides two support streams:
Coordinated support for a range of matters, including:
• tenancy issues
• accommodation and homelessness
• mental health
• homesickness, isolation and loneliness
• conflict management
• domestic and family violence
• intimate partner violence
• financial concerns
• navigating ANU and Canberra
• any other issue impacting on your wellbeing.
Sexual assault and sexual harassment response
Central response to disclosures of sexual assault and/or sexual harassment, including:
• coordinated support for victim-survivors, such as safety planning, academic flexibility and information on specialists support services
• assistance with reporting options both within the ANU and police
• linking with specialists services including referrals to health services and counselling
• advice and support for first responders and bystanders
• advice for respondents.
The Student Safety and Wellbeing team employs a Nurse Practitioner (NP) with expertise in women's health, sexual health and forensic medicine in the care of students who have encountered sexual violence.
The NP works across both the case management side sexual assault and sexual harassment response as well as at ANU Health, providing access to sexual health support.
Case Managers and the Nurse Practitioner follow professional and legal guidelines on confidentiality and will not disclose the information you provide to them without your permission, unless reasons, such as the law require them to or there are compelling reasons such as significant risk to yourself or someone else. If you have any questions about confidentiality, please raise this with one of the Case Managers or Nurse Practitioner.
Connecting with Student Safety and Wellbeing
To connect with a Case Manager or Nurse Practitioner you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 6125 2211 or visit the Health and Wellbeing Centre Level 3 Building 156 Joplin Lane, Kambri Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm.
To submit a sexual assault or sexual harassment disclosure or find out more information about our sexual assault and sexual harassment response visit Sexual harassment and sexual assault response and support - ANU