What is ANU+?
ANU+ is a program that formally recognises your experience and contribution achieved through volunteering. It encourages you to give back to the community, to develop skills related to your employability prospects and to reflect on your co-curricular experiences to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the world around you. In this Program, you will develop skills in the following development outcomes:
- inclusion and awareness of diversity
- communication skills
- community and global engagement
- personal and social responsibility
- leadership skills and understanding of organisational dynamics
Who can apply?
ANU+ is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Students can start at any time in their degree.
- Attend introductory workshop and ensure you complete the pre reading
- Sign code of conduct
- Volunteer 20 hours
- Reflect on your development (200-300 words)
- Repeat steps 3-4 five times as an undergraduate (100 hours in total) or three times if you are postgraduate (60 hours in total). You will also receive opportunties to support your skill development such as completing a strengths assesment and a tailored career planning appoinment
- Share your experience - written, video, presentation, etc
- Complete program and receive certificate
What will you receive on completion?
Successful participants are awarded the ANU+ certificate. The certificate is a formal document which provides an overview of the Program, what is undertaken to achieve the certificate, an explanation of the seven development outcomes and a summary of the volunteer work undertaken.
The first step is to attend the introductory ANU+ workshop.
To register for the workshop:
- Sign in or create an account on CareerHub
- Go to 'Events' and search 'ANU+'
- Register to attend a workshop
Already an ANU+ student?
You'll have access to ANU+ on CareerHub - follow this link to get there.
Find volunteer opportunities through Volunteering and Contact ACT.
Please refer to the FAQs. If you have further questions please get in touch by emailing email@example.com