What is ANU+?
The ANU+ Award is a program that formally recognises your experience and contribution achieved through volunteering. It encourages you to give back to the community, to develop skills related to your employability prospects and to reflect on your co-curricular experiences to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the world around you. In this Program, you will develop the following skills:
- inclusion and awareness of diversity
- communication skills
- community and global engagement
- personal and social responsibility
- leadership skills and understanding of organisational dynamics
Who can do ANU+ and when can you start?
ANU+ is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students. Students can start at any time in their degree.
- Attend introductory workshop and ensure you complete the pre reading. Search 'ANU+' in Events on CareerHub to register for a workshop.
- Sign code of conduct.
- Volunteer 20 hours.
- Reflect on your development (200-300 words.)
- Repeat steps 3-4 five times as an undergraduate (100 hours in total) or three times if you are postgraduate (60 hours in total). You will also receive opportunities to support your skill development such as completing a strengths assessment and a tailored career planning appointment.
- Final submission - written, video or presentation.
- Complete program be awarded the ANU+ Award, which will appear on your academic transcript.
Please refer to the workshop pre reading and FAQs for more detail, and/or the ANU+ policy and procedure.
I want to start ANU+
The first step is to attend the introductory ANU+ workshop.
To register for the workshop:
- Sign in or create an account on CareerHub
- Go to 'Events' and search 'ANU+'
- Register to attend a workshop
2021 - temporary changes to rules
ANU+ will still be operating in 2021. Please refer to the last page in the FAQs for some temporary changes to the rules.
Final submission due date
You must submit or have presented your final submission by 12:00am AEST Monday 8 November 2021 to finish ANU+ in Semester 2 2021. All time sheets and reflections must be approved by the time you submit or present your final submission. Refer to the final submission guide on how to complete it.
What will I receive on completion?
Successful participants are awarded the ANU+ Award which will appear on your academic transcript.
Already an ANU+ student?
You'll have access to ANU+ on CareerHub - follow this link to get there.
Find volunteer opportunities through Volunteering ACT.
ANU+ policy and procedure
Please refer to ANU+ policy and procedure.
If you have further questions please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org