Roles of the EFS Committee:
- To review and oversee the award of professional recognition to teaching and learning support staff at the Australian National University in three categories: Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA); Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA); and Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA).
- In awarding recognition in each of the three categories AFHEA, FHEA and SFHEA, the Committee shall affirm that the applicant meets the relevant Descriptor (D1, D2, or D3, respectively) of the UK Professional Standards Framework (PSF). The PSF is available at this link: https://www.advance-he.ac.uk/knowledge-hub/uk-professional-standardsframework-ukpsf.
- Award of recognition will be offered in a manner consistent with the approved provisions of the University's ANU Educational Fellowship Scheme accreditation with AdvanceHE (UK), Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR, United Kingdom (www.heacademy.ac.uk).
- The ANU EFS Committee is a sub-committee of the Teaching and Learning Development Committee (TLDC) and assists in carrying out the functions of TLDC by;
- providing responsive and proactive advice on current and future developments, opportunities and risks related to the ANU's Education Fellowship Scheme's activities.
- encouraging the development of improved teaching practices through a reflective lens.
- providing appropriate working-party support for planning and coordination of activities
- serving as the conduit between the ANU and AdvanceHE.