We aim to assist students to develop the key academic skills and communication strategies that are foundational to all academic activity. We help students from first year undergraduate to final year Phd through:
- Individual appointments: personalised advice to assist students with their academic writing or some other study related issue. These need to be pre booked.
- Drop-ins: Held at Chifley library, these are for quick queries and do not need to be booked. They run from 11 to 1pm, Monday to Friday throughout the semester.
- Turnitin Practice site: allows students to submit their drafts through Turnitin before their final submission. The site also provides resources to help interpret the originality report, and how to quote and paraphrase correctly.
- Workshops: Run during Oweek or as part of a course, these sessions cover a wide range of topics. Recordings and resources from the O week workshops are available through the Orientation wattle site.
- Self-help resources: we have a large number of useful resources and handouts on referencing and academic integrity, writing and assessment, and adjusting to university.
9am - 5pm weekdays
(Closed on public holidays and weekends)
Academic Skills & Learning Centre
The Australian National University
Level 2, John Yencken Building 45
Sullivans Creek Road
Acton ACT 2601