We help students to develop the key academic skills and communication strategies that are foundational to all academic activity. We assist students from first year undergraduate to final year Phd through:
- Individual appointments: personalised advice to assist students with their academic writing or some other study related issue. These need to be pre booked.
- Peer writing drop-ins: at Melville Hall, these are for quick queries and do not need to be booked. They run from 11 to 1pm, Monday to Friday throughout the semester.
- English conversation groups: a relaxed, friendly environment to improve your spoken English. Monday to Friday, 12 to 1pm. Various locations.
- Turnitin Practice site: allows students to submit their drafts through Turnitin before their final submission. The site also provides resources to help interpret the originality report, and how to quote and paraphrase correctly.
- Workshops: Run during Oweek or as part of a course, these sessions cover a wide range of topics. Recordings and resources from the O week workshops are available through the Orientation wattle site.
- Self-help resources: we have a large number of useful resources and handouts on referencing and academic integrity, writing and assessment, and adjusting to university.
9am - 5pm weekdays
(Closed on public holidays and weekends)
Academic Skills & Learning Centre
The Australian National University
Level 2, John Yencken Building 45
Sullivans Creek Road
Acton ACT 2601