The planned service outage scheduled to take place from Friday 28 to Monday 31 May, 2021 has been completed. Please note that for the time being, for access to eForms, please use the eForms webpage. A reminder that students who encountered technical difficulties over the outage period were advised to contact Student Central via email with a screenshot of the error so that we can assist you. If you have emailed us with this information, we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Currently enrolled students wishing to change the degree they are studying may apply for a degree transfer. New students may not apply for a degree transfer until they have enrolled in a program for a minimum of 1 Semester, 24 units full time (0.5 EFTSL). Transferring to a new degree is an act of admissions and all applications will be assessed against admission requirements.
Important Fee Information
Under the Job-ready Graduates Package of reforms to higher education, the Australian Government has made changes to the student contribution bands for domestic students commencing a new program with a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) from 1 January 2021. If you transfer into a new program for 2021, you will not have your student contribution amounts grandfathered, and will be required to pay the new 2021 student contribution rates. Before submitting your transfer application, please review the student contribution rate information available on the StudyAssist webpage.
There are a small number of exceptions to this. The grandfathering arrangements will apply to:
- transfers from the ANU Bachelor of Studies to another ANU program
- Any student who is requested by the University to transfer from their current program as a result of changes in the University or its curriculum.
Important Information to Consider
- If you transfer into a new program and your first enrolment in that program is in 2021, the new Commonwealth student contribution rates will apply. Please note that this includes students transferring programs within a Flexible Double Degree.
- You may only submit one degree transfer application per deadline and no more than two degree transfer applications can be submitted per academic year.
- Undergraduate students can submit a degree transfer application in semester 1 and 2 only (as an undergraduate student, you can not submit a degree transfer application to commence in Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring).
- Postgraduate Students can submit a degree transfer application in the first half of the academic year (Spring, Summer or Semester 1) and the second half of the academic year (Autumn, Winter or Semester 2).
- Transfers to some degrees are not possible (see Step 2).
- You must seek academic advice about changing your degree before submitting an application and ensure that you can meet the new degree requirements.
- Tuition fees and the duration of your study may increase as a result of your degree transfer.
- Check your scholarship Conditions of Award or sponsorship agreement before applying (see Step 1).
- You will need to initiate an application for course credit transfer (see Step 7)
- Once you have accepted your degree transfer in ISIS, the transfer will be processed. If you have transferred in error, you will need to submit a new application for the next available transfer session.
- Domestic students will need to complete new Commonwealth Assistance Form(s) for their new degree(s) by the first census date of their enrolled session.
You do not need to apply for a degree transfer if you have been advised that you are:
- a student identified as having breached academic progress rules. You may be transferred to a new degree based on the outcome of this process and this will be initiated by your college.
- a student who is not meeting the requirements of a higher degree and you are going to be transferred to a lower degree. (An example would be a Masters to a Graduate Diploma). This will be initiated by your College. If you have a CSP the student contribution grandfathering arrangements will apply to you.
All other requests should be applied for online.
Principal Dates - Deadlines for applying for Degree Transfer - Undergraduate
Principal Dates - Deadlines for applying for Degree Transfer - Postgraduate
|Semester 2 & Winter Session
|Semester 1 & Summer Session
Please note: You can not submit more than two degree transfer applications per academic year