Registration is free and enrolled students are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
Current students of Australia National University (ANU), including international students, who have a disability, medical condition or who are recognised primary carers of a person with a disability may be eligible to register to access reasonable adjustments.
The definition of disability is based on the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1992 and includes:
- deafness and hearing impairment
- blindness and vision impairment
- physical disability
- specific learning disability
- psychiatric disability
- acquired brain injury
- chronic medical conditions
- temporary disability (e.g. broken limb, affected mobility, or short term medical conditions).
Eligibility time frames depend on the nature of the disability or medical condition.
Students with a condition that is variable or treatable, may be required to re-new their registration and provide updated medical documentation after 6-12 months.