If you have followed the 'Graduand Information Guide' included with your invitation and have completed each item on the checklist, congratulations, you are ready to graduate!
If you are attending a graduation ceremony, please read the following information carefully.
Each ceremony runs for approximately two hours and is followed by a reception.
ANU graduation ceremonies are held at Llewellyn Hall (School of Music Building #100, Childers Street, The Australian National University, ACTON ACT 2601).
Please visit the Llewellyn Hall website for information about the venue facilities.
Arrival and ceremony times
Graduands should aim to arrive at the venue two hours before their ceremony is scheduled to start.
Your allocated ceremony date and time will be available in ISIS when you receive your invitation. To register your attendance at the ceremony, you must respond to the invitation in ISIS by the deadline.
Ceremony times for the December 2019 ceremonies are listed below.
Combined programs will be awarded at a single ceremony. Please refer to your invitation for the correct date and time. Single degree programs (example Bachelor of Arts) will be awarded in the ceremony represented by the ANU College or academic area that delivers the program. If you have undertaken a combined degree with honours, you will be invited to the ceremony for the academic area that delivered your honours.
If you and/or your guests are planning to fly into Canberra to attend a ceremony, ANU recommends arriving the day before the conferral to avoid any delays due to the closure of Canberra airport as a result of inclement weather.
From two hours and no later than one hour before the ceremony
- Collect your pre-arranged regalia from the Band Room in the Peter Karmel Building (#121, Childers Street, ANU).
- If you have not collected your guest tickets prior to the date of your ceremony, you may collect them on the day of your ceremony from the Llewellyn Hall box office up to a half hour before the event.
One hour before the ceremony
Graduands must make their way to the Graduand Registration Room in the Larry Sitsky Recital Room in the Llewellyn Hall Building (#100, Childers Street, ANU). Staff will register your attendance, and issue you with your own ticket and seat allocation.
30 minutes before the ceremony
Graduands will receive verbal instructions in the Graduand Registration Room. Graduands will then make their way inside Llewellyn Hall, and sit only in their assigned seat. Guests will make their way inside separately.
After your ceremony
After the ceremony refreshments and canapés will be provided in a reception outside Llewellyn Hall. New graduates may take this time to celebrate with friends, family and their peers.
The following services will be available at the reception:
- Reed Graduations - regalia, photography, flowers and stuffed toys
- Jackson Framing Services
- ANU Alumni
- ANU Student Central - providing printed academic transcripts
Guests of graduands
Venue doors open approximately one hour before the ceremony start time. Guests are welcome to wait outside the venue until then.
Guests should aim to be seated at least 30 minutes before the ceremony start time.
No flash photography is allowed during graduation ceremonies.
DECEMBER 2019 CEREMONY SCHEDULE
The December 2019 Conferring of Awards will run from Tuesday 10 December to Friday 13 December.
10.30am Tuesday 10th December 2019
- Inaugural Grand Graduations Event
Click here for more information
Allocations for individual ceremonies are listed below.
2pm Tuesday 10th December 2019
- ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science
5.30pm Tuesday 10th December 2019
- ANU College of Science (Undergraduate students only)
- ANU College of Health & Medicine (Undergraduate students only)
10am Wednesday 11th December 2019
- ANU College of Business & Economics (undergraduate students only)
2pm Wednesday 11th December 2019
5.30pm Wednesday 11th December 2019
10am Thursday 12th December 2019
- ANU College of Science (Graduate & Research students only)
- ANU College of Health & Medicine (Medical School + Graduate & Research students only)
2pm Thursday 12th December 2019
- ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
5.30pm Thursday 12th December 2019
- ANU College of Law
- National Centre for Indigenous Studies
10am Friday 13th December 2019
- ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences (Undergraduate students only)
2pm Friday 13th December 2019
- ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences (Graduate & Research Students + Undergraduate Visual Arts and Music)