Don’t wait until your final year to get started – you may be surprised how early some organisations recruit for vacationers, internships and graduates.
Check CareerHub regularly for current event and job listings.
Stand out for the right reasons
- Research the organisation and prepare some questions
- that are not answered on the employer website
- Appear professional. While you don’t need to wear a suit, dress appropriately, be on time, turn your phone off and be prepared to introduce yourself if the opportunity arises
- Don’t ask inappropriate questions, such as salary details
- Don’t hang around too long. Being the last to leave is not necessarily a good thing.
Stand out for a good reason and the recruiter may ask your name or give you their contact details.
Your workplace rights
Make sure you know your workplace rights and obligations when entering the workforce.
See the Fairwork website for detailed information: