Funds in the ANU Foundation are invested by the University and a percentage of interest earned annually is used to support the cause of each endowment fund. The remainder of the interest is reinvested to ensure capital growth. In this way, scholarships, prizes and research projects funded by the ANU Foundation can continue in perpetuity.
ANU Foundation Board
The ANU Foundation is overseen by an independent Board, who report annually to the University's Council on the business of the Foundation. The overall pool of funds and investment strategy for the Foundation is overseen by the University Investment Committee, in consultation with the ANU Foundation.
- Ms Robyn Watts, Chair
- Mr David Olsson, Deputy Chair
- Professor the Hon Gareth Evans AC QC, Chancellor
- Professor Brian P Schmidt AC FAA FRS, Vice-Chancellor
- Professor Mike Calford, Provost
- Ms Naomi Flutter, Pro Chancellor
- Ms Barbara Miles, Vice-President (Advancement)
- Mr Adam Black, CFO
- Ms Kate Jordan, Council Appointee
- Ms Alison Kitchen, National Chairman
- Ms Michelle Melbourne, Council Appointee
- Utsav Gupta, Elected by Postgraduate Students