The world is on the precipice of a cleaner, cheaper, and more efficient energy future.
We're moving away from using dead dinosaurs to power the world and live our lives.
Why must the future of energy be green?
What does a renewable energy future look like?
How might we power the world in the future?
Join us in this young stars session to find out with Manik.
Suitable ages: 6 -12+.
But if you're older and interested, join anyway!
Timezone: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne [AEST]
Manik is the Manager for Market Operations at Reposit Power, where he helps build 'virtual' power plants using residential solar and battery systems to meet our energy needs.
He also teaches courses in engineering and computer science at ANU, of which he is a graduate.
Some of you might know him as the guy who runs Young Stars along with Sophia, Tim, James, and Ryan.
For ACT Residents
- A small number of ACT residents will be able to join us in-person
- The venue will be ANU Physics Link Studio
- Participation in this session will be first-come best-dressed
- Please register a ticket for every person attending
- Multiple children from one family can attend
- Each student must have a registered ticket
- Parents must register a ticket for themselves also
- We will be observing COVID-safe protocols
- We encourage you to bring your own hand sanitisers etc.
- We encourage you to follow the ACT government and ANU guidelines on masks
- Register using the ''In-Person: ACT'' ticket on Eventbrite
For People Outside Australian Capital Territory
- Going to space needs thousands of people to run things globally
- You can join us via Zoom Live at the same time as ACT residents
- Register using the ''Online'' ticket on Eventbrite
More details to follow in the upcoming weeks via email.
Registrations will close on Friday 11 June, 5.30pm.
Zoom details will be shared on Friday 11 June, 6pm.