Ceremonies are held at Llewellyn Hall [building 100]. Each ceremony runs for approximately two hours and is followed by a reception. On the day we advise the following:
- Collect your guest tickets on the day nominated in your invitation, venue TBC. If you cannot collect your guest tickets on this day, you may collect them on the day of your ceremony from the Llewellyn Hall box office up to a half hour before the event.
- Collect your pre-arranged regalia from the Band Room in the Peter Karmel building , from two hours and no later than one hour prior to your ceremony.
- One hour before the ceremony, graduands must make their way to the Graduand Registration Room in the School of Music [building 100], behind Llewellyn Hall. Staff will register your attendance, and issue you with your own ticket and seat allocation.
- A half hour before the ceremony, graduands will receive verbal instructions in the Graduand Registration Room. Graduands will then make their way inside Llewellyn Hall, and sit only in their assigned seat. Guests will make their way inside separately.
- After the ceremony refreshments and canapés will be provided. New graduates may take this time to celebrate with friends, family and their peers.
JULY 2019 CEREMONY SCHEDULE
The July 2019 Conferring of Awards will run from Wednesday 17 July to Friday 19 July.
Individual ceremony allocations are yet to confirmed, and will be published here as soon as available.
10am Wednesday 17th July 2019
2pm Wednesday 17th July 2019
10am Thursday 18th July 2019
2pm Thursday 18th July 2019
10am Friday 19th July 2019
2pm Friday 19th July 2019
- Your ceremony date and time will be confirmed in ISIS once you have received your invitation. You can expect to receive your invitation via email to your ANU student email account in May (for July ceremonies) or October (for December ceremonies).
- Combined programs will be awarded at a single ceremony, please refer to your invitation for the correct date and time. Single degree programs (example Bachelor of Arts) will be awarded in the ceremony represented by the ANU College or academic area that delivers the program. If you have undertaken a combined degree with honours, you will be invited to the ceremony for the academic area that delivered your honours.
- If you are planning to fly into Canberra to attend a Conferring of Awards ceremony, ANU recommends arriving the day before the conferral to avoid any delays due to the closure of Canberra airport as a result of inclement weather.
- To be permitted to graduate, students must pay all financial obligations to ANU (fees, fines etc.) by 14 June 2019 for the first Semester and by 15 November 2019 for Second Semester.