Seek advice on scholarship & sponsorship
Students with scholarships should be aware transferring to a new degree may affect their eligibility.
Students should check the conditions of award for their scholarship and confirm with the provider that their scholarship will not be jeopardised by changing degrees.
Sponsored students ie. those who have fees paid by a third party and which may include external scholarship holders, should discuss their intention to transfer with their sponsors before applying. A degree transfer will require a new sponsorship agreement to be set up. Students sponsored externally will need to complete a new Notification of External Sponsorship form
To be eligible to transfer your undergraduate degree you must meet the following criteria:
- You have completed one semester/session of study at ANU;
- This is your first degree transfer application for each application period;
- Your application must be received by the published deadlines for each half year;
- Conditions of any sponsorship you may hold do not prevent the degree transfer;
- There are no outstanding fees;
- Transfer must be at the same level (eg from an undergraduate degree to another undergraduate degree);
- Not be applying for a transfer to the ANU Medical School, ANU Extension, Bachelor of Studies or Diploma of Advance Studies (please contact your College for further information).
To apply for a degree transfer, click on the "Apply to Transfer" button at the top of this page. This will take you into ISIS where you will be required to enter your ISIS username and password
To navigate to the degree transfer application select: Main Menu (compass button in top-right corner of screen) > Navigator > ISIS > Degree Management > Apply for Degree Transfer
Transferring to a new degree is an act of admission and all applications will be assessed against admission requirements. To review the admission requirements for the degree you wish to transfer to, please go to Programs and Courses and review the degree or degree combination.
You must complete 48 units of tertiary study (1.0 EFTSL equivalent) before tertiary study is considered as part of your admission assessment. Applicants for transfer with less than 48 units of tertiary study will be assessed on their original entrance rank which does not include bonus points.
Enrol in courses
Until you are formally advised that your transfer is successful, you must meet all the requirements of your current degree including enrolling by the due dates and paying any fees.
If your transfer is successful, your enrolment in your old degree will be removed along with any fee liability in the semester/trimester/session of your transfer. Any fees already paid in the relevant semester/session will be credited towards your new degree fees.
You will then be required to enrol in courses under your new degree.
Notification of decision
Students will be advised of the outcome of their degree transfer application by email to your ANU student email account.
Applications will be actioned once you have accepted your offer. You will need to accept your degree transfer offer on your ISIS account by following these steps: Main Menu > ISIS > Degree Management > Degree Transfer Acceptance.
Upon successful application for degree transfer:
- Eligible students will be required to complete new Commonwealth Assistance Forms (e-CAF) for HECS-HELP and SA-HELP. These forms are available on ISIS under the Account Details menu.
- Externally sponsored students are to complete a new Notification of External Sponsorship form and seek written approval from their sponsor
Apply for credit
Credit for courses taken previously will not be assumed.
You are required to submit an Application for course credit to your ANU College for any or all of your previous study.