- Visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website to view letters in English, Chinese and Vietnamese regarding your workplace rights in Australia.
- Organise a mobile phone service and advise family/friends your safe arrival.
- Open a bank account.
- Apply for a Tax File Number if you plan to work.
- Order your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) card (see reference documents) with Allianz (if you've selected ANU to organise the insurance for you).
- Familiarise yourself with Canberra.
Get ready for Uni
- Check out the Orientation week program and add events to your calendar. Start with the following events then add more based on your academic program and general interests:
- University Commencement Address and welcome and induction sessions on the first two days of O-week
- Academic college Induction session (there is one for each academic college)
- An Academic Program & Course advice session
- Academic Skills and Learning Centre workshops
- Careers workshops
- Market Day (Week 1)
- Understand your program via Program and Courses.
- Complete online enrolment.
- Update your contact details via ISIS.
Orientation for late arrivals