- Organise and understand your visa.
- Check Australian Customs and Quarantine information - What not to bring.
- Organise and confirm your accommodation.
- Sign up for SET4ANU if you'd like guidance from a later year student during orientation.
- Book a free pick-up from Canberra Airport or Jolimont Bus Centre using the Airport Welcome Service.
- Scan and make copies for your important documents, such as your passport, electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCOE), academic transcript.
- Activate your Uni email, or set up mail forward function if you use other account more often.
- Download and read the International Students' Living Guide.
- Join the New @ ANU 2018 Facebook page.
- Make sure you understand your responsibilities as a student visa holder by visiting 'Information for International Students' under 'Reference documents' on the top-right hand side of this page.
- Add your local address and any emergency contact details to ISIS;
- Visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website to view letters in English, Chinese and Vietnamese regarding your workplace rights in Australia.
- Organise a mobile phone service and advise family/friends your safe arrival.
- Open a bank account.
- Apply for a Tax File Number if you plan to work.
- Order your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) card (see reference documents) with Allianz (if you've selected ANU to organise the insurance for you).
- Familiarise yourself with Canberra.
- If you have a disability, medical condition (including mental illness) or will be a recognised primary carer during your time at ANU, you can visit Access & Inclusion to discuss the support you can receive during your studies. This is a free and confidential service.
Get ready for Uni
- Check out the Orientation week program and add events to your calendar. Start with the following events then add more based on your academic program and general interests:
- Official Welcome & Induction for undergraduate students on Monday 16 July
- Official Welcome & Induction for postgraduate students on Monday 16 July
- Academic College Induction session (there is one for each academic college)
- An Academic Program & Course advice session
- Academic Skills and Learning Centre workshops
- Careers workshops
- Market Day (Wednesday in Week 1)
- Understand your program via Program and Courses.
- Complete online enrolment.
- Update your contact details via ISIS.
Orientation for late arrivals