Funds in the Endowment for Excellence are invested by the University and a percentage of interest earned annually (five per cent in 2010) is used to support the cause of each endowment fund. The remainder of the interest is reinvested to ensure capital growth. In this way, scholarships, prizes and research projects funded by the Endowment can continue in perpetuity.
Board of Governors
The Endowment for Excellence is overseen by an independent Board of Governors, who report annually to the University's Council on the business of the Endowment. The overall pool of funds and investment strategy for the Endowment is overseen by the University Investment Committee, in consultation with the Director of the Endowment for Excellence.
- Dr Vince Fitzgerald, President
- Professor the Hon Gareth Evans AC QC, Chancellor
- Professor Brian P Schmidt AC FAA FRS, Vice-Chancellor
- Ms Naomi Flutter, Pro-Chancellor
- Ms Robyn Watts, Council appointee
- Ms Jennie Cameron AM, Council appointee
- Mr Stephen Byron, Council appointee
- The Hon Warwick Smith AM, Council appointee
- Ms Michelle Melbourne, Council appointee
- Ms Kate Jordan, Council appointee
- Mr David Olsson, Council appointee
- Ms Alyssa Shaw, Student representative
- Mr Ken Picard, Chief Financial Officer
Meetings for 2018
All meetings are held at ANU Acton campus, in the Conference Room at 28 Balmain Crescent.
- Wednesday 21 February (agenda deadline 31 Jan)
- Thursday 10 May (agenda deadline 19 April)
- Wednesday 22 August (agenda deadline 1 Aug)
- Wednesday 28 November (agenda deadline 7 Nov)