Funds in the Endowment for Excellence are invested by the University and a percentage of interest earned annually is used to support the cause of each endowment fund. The remainder of the interest is reinvested to ensure capital growth. In this way, scholarships, prizes and research projects funded by the Endowment can continue in perpetuity.
Board of Governors
The Endowment for Excellence is overseen by an independent Board of Governors, who report annually to the University's Council on the business of the Endowment. The overall pool of funds and investment strategy for the Endowment is overseen by the University Investment Committee, in consultation with the Director of the Endowment for Excellence.
- Ms Robyn Watts, President
- Mr David Olsson, Vice-President
- Professor the Hon Gareth Evans AC QC, Chancellor
- Professor Brian P Schmidt AC FAA FRS, Vice-Chancellor
- Professor Mike Calford, Provost
- Ms Naomi Flutter, Pro-Chancellor
- Ms Jennie Cameron AM, Council appointee
- Mr Stephen Byron, Council appointee
- Ms Kate Jordan, Council appointee
- Ms Michelle Melbourne, Council appointee
- Ms Eleanor Kay, Elected by undergraduate students
- Mr Adam Black, Chief Financial Officer
- Ms Barbara Miles, Vice-President (Advancement)
Meetings for 2018
All meetings are held at ANU Acton campus, in the Conference Room at 28 Balmain Crescent.
- Thursday 5 April (agenda deadline 15 March)
- Thursday 19 July (agenda deadline 28 June)
- Wednesday 5 December (agenda deadline 14 November)