Bachelor of Criminology
Selection rank threshold
Minimum required rank (ATAR plus any adjustment factors) for entry into this program. Please note that some ANU programs, such as the Bachelor of Philosophy, have additional criteria which the applicant will also need to meet, to be eligible for entry.
Total number of offers made.
Total RSL offers
Total number of offers made to recent school leavers (RSL).
RSL offers (ATAR only)
Number of offers made to recent school leavers (RSL) using ATAR only.
RSL offers (ATAR + adjustment factors)
Number of offers made to recent school leavers (RSL) using a combination of ATAR and adjustment factors.
RSL offers (ATAR + other criterion)
Number of offers made to recent school leavers (RSL) using a combination of ATAR and other criterion, which may include access schemes, or other program eligibility requirements such as an interview, portfolio or performance.
RSL offers (other basis)
Number of offers made to recent school leavers (RSL) using other basis of admission.
Number of offers made to applicants who were not recent school leavers (RSL).
Average adjustment factors
Average value of adjustment factors for school leavers offers that included adjustment factors required to receive that offer.
Highest ATAR to receive an offer.
Lowest ATAR to receive an offer.
Median (middle) ATAR to receive an offer.
Highest selection rank
Highest selection rank to receive an offer.
Lowest selection rank
Lowest selection rank to receive an offer.
Median selection rank
Median (middle) selection rank to receive an offer.
|Applicant background||2019 first half year|
|Number of students||Percentage of all students|
|(A) Higher education study
(includes a bridging or enabling course)
|(B) Vocational education and training (VET) study||<5||<5%|
|(C) Work and life experience
(admitted on the basis of previous achievement not in the other three categories)
|(D) Recent secondary education|
|(E) International students||<5||<5%|
- Universities Admission Centre - The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) processes applications for admission to most undergraduate courses for domestic applicants at participating universities (mainly located in NSW and the ACT). At ANU, applicants who are *not* eligible for the ANU direct application will apply through UAC. UAC also calculates the ATAR for students completing the NSW HSC and processes applications for the Educational Access Scheme (EAS). It is important to note that UAC processes applications based on criteria set by each institution.
- Australian Tertiary Admission Rank - The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) is a rank, not a mark. It is a number between 0.00 and 99.95 indicating a student's position relative to all the students who began secondary school with them in year 7. An ATAR of 80.00 means a student is ranked higher than 80 per cent, but under 20 per cent, of their year 7 cohort. It is calculated solely for use by tertiary institutions, either on its own or with other selection criteria, to rank and select school leavers for admission.
- Adjustment factors - Additional points allocated to a student based on their performance in particular year 12 subjects, or other factors including the Educational Access Scheme (EAS). The allocation of adjustment factors does not change a student's ATAR but will improve their selection rank. ANU awards adjustment factors based on set criteria which are published in a schedule annually.
- ATAR - A student's ATAR before adjustment factors are allocated.
- Recent school leaver - A recent school leaver (RSL) is a student who completed their year 12 or equivalent in the two calendar years prior to the year in which they are applying and have not undertaken tertiary study in the period since completing year 12.
- Educational Access Scheme - The Educational Access Scheme (EAS) is designed to help students who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage gain admission to tertiary study. To be eligible for EAS consideration, the student's educational performance must have been seriously affected, normally for a period of at least six months during year 11 and/or year 12 or equivalent, due to circumstances beyond their control.
- All offer round - UAC makes offers in a number of rounds across the year. These data include all offer rounds for the first half year intake.
- Selection rank - Sometimes called an entrance rank, selection rank is a student's ATAR plus any adjustments factors.
- N/A - not available.
- N/P - not published.