Each year the Research School of Physics and Engineering ("the School") may award a scholarship known as the Wanda Henry Scholarship in Photonics ("the Scholarship") The Scholarship is available to second year students enrolled in physics and/or engineering.
The objective of the award is to assist undergraduate students in their study of photonics and give them the freedom to get involved in campus life and provide the encouragement and support to reach their full potential.
Field of study
To be eligible for consideration applicants must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident;
- be enrolled in a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Engineering degree program or a Flexible Double Degree including one or both of these degree programs;
- have successfully passed PHYS1101 and PHYS1201.
The duration of the award is two years (years 2 & 3 of the undergraduate program). The award is paid in two instalments at the end of the second and third year unless otherwise stated in the letter of offer.
How to apply
There is only one round of offers for this scholarship each year. Applicants are required to provide a brief one-page letter explaining:
- how and why this scholarship will help you at ANU;
- your activities outside of studies including your involvement with the ANU and the Canberra community; and
- An up-to-date CV covering tertiary education, your name and your contact details (including email address);
Applications can be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 31 March each year.