Applications open on Wednesday 1 July 2020 and close at 23:59 AEST on Friday 11 September 2020. In addition to the completed application form, you need:
- your academic record (including original academic transcripts)
- a study proposal
- a personal statement
- details of 5 referees (of which 3 are academic)
Shortlisting and interviews will be scheduled in October and November 2020.
Candidates from the Australian Territories should contact the administrator for Australia-at-Large or Territories Secretary to discuss their eligibility to apply.
Please note that the official academic transcript/s and the original birth certificate (or certified copy) must also be sighted by the administrator for Australia-at-Large by the due date.
Candidates are required to contact their referees to confirm that they are able to submit a reference by the due date, then to enter their referees' contact details into the on-line Application Form. Please note that once the referee details have been typed in and saved to the system, an email will be automatically sent to referees with instructions on how to submit their reference on-line. The system will then attach the referee reports to the candidate's application for viewing by the Selection Committee members. Please note that as we have now moved to the electronic system, we no longer expect to receive hard copy references.
The Australia-at-Large administrator does not contact referees to seek reports - it is up to each candidate to check with the administrator that all their reports have been received.
All referee reports must be received by the due date. The Selection Committee may not be in a position to make use of reports received after this date.
Candidates intending to apply for a research degree are strongly advised to contact the relevant department at Oxford. The Selection Committee will expect to see evidence that the planned project is of interest to and can be supported by that department.
Steps to follow to apply for an Australia-at-Large Rhodes Scholarship
- Read the information on the Rhodes House website. You'll see that the Application Form, Guidelines for Candidates and further details on the selection criteria and how to apply is also available on that site.
- View the Oxford University Graduate Studies Prospectus or Undergraduate Prospectus and information on admissions.
- Contact the Secretary to check your eligibility to apply for the Rhodes.