Applications are encouraged from citizens of all countries for all full-time graduate degree programs at Stanford.
You are eligible during your final year of student for your first/bachelor's degree or within five years of earning your first/bachelor's degree. For the cohort that applies in 2020, that means you must have graduated in January 2014 through September 2021 to enrol at Stanford in September 2021.
A full list of eligibility criteria can be found here.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars look primarily at three areas:
- Independence of Thought
- First-step mental sharpness
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguous situations
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
- Purposeful Leadership
- Ambitious, in the best sense of the word
- Driven to improve self
- Willing to take risks
- Persists and bounces back from adversity
- Civic Mindset
- Personally humble and kind
- Respects differences
- Concerned for and helpful to others
- Low ego