The award is a top-up to the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Stipend Scholarship (previously the Australian Postgraduate Award), for the top-ranked Higher Degree Research applicant enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the Research School of Social Sciences.
Field of study
The award will be available each year to a prospective or continuing student who is:
- a domestic or international student
- enrolled or enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the Research School of Social Sciences at the Australian National University; and
- has been awarded an AGRTP Stipend Scholarship.
Subsequent award payments are dependent on satisfactory achievement of the following PhD milestones (or their equivalent):
- Annual Plan (due at 6 months after commencement);
- Annual Plan and Report (due 1 year after commencement); and
- Thesis Proposal Review (due 9-12 months after commencement).
Two annual payments not exceeding 75% of the value of the AGRTP. This may be spent as the recipient sees fit.
How to apply
There is no application for this award as students are automatically considered based on meeting the eligibility criteria prescribed under the Eligibility section.