The Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarships were established through the generosity of the founder of the Ramsay Centre, Mr Paul Ramsay. The first students will commence graduate study in 2021.
Scholarships are open annually to Australian citizens to pursue graduate study abroad. The aim of the scholarships is to enable coursework and/or research to be undertaken at the world's best universities and colleges for up to two years (and in select cases up to three years). Levels of support for tuition and living costs are fully competitive with such prestigious awards as the General Sir John Monash, Commonwealth, Rhodes and Fulbright Scholarships.
While it is expected that most applicants will have graduated in the past 5 years, the Ramsay Scholarships are open to all Australian citizens. The three criteria are assessed as follows:
- Strength of character, leadership and service
- Academic achievement
- Commitment to advancing a richer and deeper understanding of our civilisation
Ramsay scholars will be selected on the basis of:
- Strength of character, leadership qualities, and commitment to serve others as demonstrated by their contribution to the community, public debate or professional involvement.
- Outstanding academic achievement, and breadth and depth of intellectual vision.
- Commitment to advancing a richer and deeper understanding of our civilisation through studies related to its history, philosophy, legal and political systems, religious beliefs and practices, literature and languages, science and social sciences, music, art and architecture.