The Joy Peters and Reena Walia Diversity Scholarship will support first year students who identify as women and who are experiencing financial or other disadvantages to study Engineering and/or Computer Science at ANU. The Award has been provided by Joy Peters and Reena Walia to recognise and acknowledge their parents whose encouragement and sacrifice made it possible for them to attend ANU.
The Donors seek to support a diverse College and University student community representative of the populations from which those students come and to which they may ultimately serve.
Field of study
The Award is available each year to a commencing ANU student who:
- is a domestic student; and
- identifies as female; and
- has completed or is completing their Year 12 or equivalent qualification and has not enrolled in any undergraduate degree program prior to commencing at the University; and
- is enrolling in an undergraduate Engineering and/or Computer Science single or flexible double degree offered by the College of Engineering and Computer Science; and
- has experienced financial or other disadvantages and is eligible for adjustment factors under the National Access Scheme.
How to apply
All applicants applying for admission through the ANU Admission Scholarship and Accommodation Application System will be automatically considered for the Award based on them meeting the eligibility criteria and electing to be considered for scholarships.
When you apply directly to ANU for admission as a domestic undergraduate student, you will have the opportunity to be considered for this opportunity within the same application. Other such support options are enlisted on the Direct application scholarships page.
College of Engineering and Computer Science