School, and award applications shall be called for with a closing date as set by the Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions.
Selection will be made on the basis of the following Selection Criteria:
- applicability of the potential outcomes of the PhD project to solve challenges presented by climate change; and
- relevance of the PhD project, and the capacity of the supervisory team to support research excellence; and
- academic merit and potential based on their academic record, referee reports and other evidence; and
- the academic performance of the prospective PhD scholar; and
- the potential for the prospective PhD Scholar to actively engage with decision-makers with regards to their research project may also be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants who satisfy one or more of the following Special Consideration Criteria:
- Emerging students (under 32 years of age)
- Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or from Pacific Island Nations
- From rural and remote areas
- Financial hardship
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- A concise letter (max 2 pages) addressing all of the four Eligibility Criteria. Applications that do not meet the Eligibility Criteria will not be considered. The letter should also outline your background and why this scholarship is important to you (highlighting any or all of the Special Consideration Criteria).
- A 1-2 page project brief that explicitly addresses points 1, 2 and 5 of the Selection Criteria and outlines the applicant's supervisory arrangements.
- 1-2 references from supervisors and/or relevant others that speak to points 3 and 4 of the Selection Criteria.
- Academic transcripts and other documents that speak to points 3 and 4 of the Selection Criteria may be attached.
These documents are to be emailed to ICEDS prior to the closing date.