The award is available each year to a prospective or current ANU student who:
- is a domestic student; and
- is enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at ANU School of Music
Selection is made on the basis of applicants meeting the eligibility criteria. Preference will be given to students identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
In the event that there are no applicants who meet the first preference, the scholarship could be awarded to a student who satisfies one or more of the following criteria:
- from a rural, regional and remote area of Australia, as checked by home address in the Australian government assessment tool;
- from a financially disadvantaged background, determined by financial statements.
- a student as determined by the selection committee and the Dean, ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences.