This annual grant is offered by the College of Asia and the Pacific but open to students of all Colleges at the Australian National University. It is funded in perpetuity by the Bhati Family Endowment to foster regional interconnectedness and encourage talented students to build mutually beneficial relationships between Australia and India.
The grant will assist current ANU students from any discipline who need to travel to India for their research.
The aim of the grant is to help create a better understanding and knowledge of Australia in India and/or a better understanding and knowledge of India in Australia.
Field of study
- The recipient must be enrolled and remain enrolled at ANU while the travel is being undertaken
- For details on this and other eligibility rules, see section 3 of the Conditions of Award.
- Travel to India is vital for research and output of research will contribute to the aim of the grant.
- The applicant has obtained approval of his/ her supervisor and has established a link with an institution in India.
- For details on these and additional selection criteria, see section 5 of the Conditions of Award (see reference document).
How to apply
Applications can be made via this link: https://anu-au-sa.terradotta.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=10250
Incomplete applications and those that do not address selection criteria will not be considered. Successful applicants will be contacted using their ANU email address and will need to update their bank details on ISIS and return a signed letter of offer and the Conditions of Award.