A number of ANU PhD Scholarships which provide a stipend are funded by Colleges. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis.
Field of study
These scholarships are available to potential and current students who:
- are domestic or international students; and
- have applied for admission to a PhD or Professional Doctorate by Research program; and
- have a Bachelor degree with first-class honours (some Colleges may consider students with upper second-class honours), or a Master degree with a research component or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Scholarsip for 3.5 years;
- Travel and Removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program;
- Thesis allowance;
- Dependant Child allowance (International students only);
- Paid medical, maternity and paternity leave
How to apply
No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered.
In order to be considered for an ANU PhD scholarship, in the main round of scholarship offers: international students are required to apply for admission by either 15 April or 31 August; domestic students must apply for admission by either 15 April or 31 October. Applications must be complete at the time of submission, including all supporting documentation and referee reports, in order to be considered in the scholarship ranking process.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.
Deadlines for scholarship rounds
|Scholarship round||Closing date||Commence by|
|2022 Round 2 International and Domestic||Closing 15 April 2022||Apply in this round if you wish to commence in 2022|
|2023 Round 1 International||Closing 31 August 2022||Apply in this round if you wish to commence in 2023|
|2023 Round 1 Domestic||Closing 31 October 2022||Apply in this round if you wish to commence in 2023|
|2023 Round 2 International and Domestic||Closing 15 April 2023||Apply in this round if you wish to commence in 2023|