ANU Master of Philosophy Scholarships are funded by individual academic Colleges. It is expected that recipients will study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis.
The scholarships are available to potential and current students who:
- are domestic or international students; and
- have applied for admission to a Master of Philosophy Research program at the ANU; and
- have a Bachelor degree with first-class Honours (some Colleges may consider applicants with upper second-class Honours), or a Master degree with a research component from a recognised University.
- Travel & removal allowance for students relocating to Canberra to commence their Master of Philosophy program;
- Dependant Child Allowance (International students only)
- Thesis Allowance
How to apply
No application is necessary as all eligible students will be considered.
In order to be considered for this scholarship in the main round of scholarship offers International students are required to apply for admission by 31 August. Domestic students are required to apply for admission by 31 October. Colleges may consider offering these scholarships at any time of the year.
It is strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application for admission, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.