This financial support is currently not available.
This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Science. The purpose of this scholarship is to attract Australian and New Zealand students of high calibre to pursue PhD research in Biological Science.
Field of study
- Bachelor degree with first class honours, or a research Master degree from a recognised university;
- Australian and New Zealand Citizen; Permanent resident of Australia.
PhD, Professional Doctorate by Research
- Travel to Canberra from within Australia;
- Reimbursement of some removal expenses;
- Thesis reimbursement allowance;
- Paid medical, maternity and paternity leave.
How to apply
No separate application is required as applicants are selected from students nominated for an Australian Postgraduate Award or University Research Award.
In order to be considered for this scholarship in the main round of scholarship offers Domestic students are required to apply for admission by 31 October.
It is strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application for admission, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.