The ANU College of Business and Economics National Excellence Scholarship may be awarded to a prospective student who is applying for admission to an undergraduate degree program offered by the College.
The scholarship will assist domestic students with the cost of studying in an undergraduate coursework program at the College and offers students the chance to be recognised for their academic achievements, meet other scholarship recipients and build strong professional networks.
Field of study
The scholarship is available to a prospective ANU student who:
- is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen (or dual citizenship holders of either Australia or New Zealand) or Australian humanitarian visa Holder;
- has completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia at an Australian High School (or College);
- is applying for admission to university for the first time;
- has made an application for admission to a single, or a flexible double undergraduate degree program offered by the ANU College of Business and Economics; and
- has achieved a minimum ATAR of 95 (excluding bonus points).
Deferred students who have applied for admission to the ANU in a previous intake, and then formally deferred their offer may still be considered for this award along with the commencing cohort. However, these students will need to contact the College Scholarships Office to request consideration for the award.
Selection is made on the basis of academic merit.
The scholarship is $5,000 per annum. The award is paid in equal instalments at the beginning of each semester providing the recipient meets the ongoing scholarship eligibility of maintaining a weighted average mark (WAM) of 70% calculated across all courses taken in a semester.
The award payment will align to the recipient's academic study load. For example, 24 unit enrolment constitutes 100% award payment; 18 unit enrolment constitutes 75% award payment, etc.
How to apply
All applicants applying for admission to ANU through the direct Admission Scholarship and Accommodation Application will be automatically considered for the award based on them meeting the eligibility criteria and electing to be considered for scholarships.
When you apply directly to ANU for admission as a domestic undergraduate student, you will have the opportunity to be considered for this opportunity within the same application. Other such support options are enlisted on the Direct application scholarships page.