Global leaders start here
The Australian National University (ANU) welcomes the brightest minds from Australia and around the world.
When you study with us, you’ll join a diverse community of talented students and learn alongside world-leading academics.
You’ll grow your knowledge in classrooms with one of Australia's best teacher-to-student ratios and access the unmatched resources and support of a national institution.*
Join the safe and diverse community at Australia’s number one university in the heart of Canberra, Australia’s global capital city. **
*QS World University Rankings 2023 **Good Universities Guide 2021
How to apply
- Submit your application through our online application portal. Simply search for your preferred program in the below list, and click on Apply.
- To find out if additional requirements apply, search our programs and courses catalogue.
- You can only apply for a single program, so check our programs and courses catalogue to choose the best degree for you.
- To be considered for an offer, you must meet the prerequisite and cognate requirements for your preferred program, as well as the English language requirements.
- Your application will be ranked against other candidates applying for the same program. Learn more about the ANU assessment process.
If you are completing an Australian Year 12, the International Baccalaureate or the NCEA Level 3, you should submit your application through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). You can find a full list of ANU undergraduate programs and application deadlines on the UAC website.
- ANU participates in UAC offer rounds throughout the year in September, October, November, December and January.
- UAC application fees apply. You will need to pay the application fee to UAC and the amount will depend on when you apply to ANU. You can find more information about the UAC application fees here.
Find a program
Following these steps will make applying as an international student easier.
1. Check the entry requirements
Learn about the minimum admission requirements to ANU and how we will assess your application.
2. Find an agent
Our educational agents around the world can help you apply to ANU. Find an agent near you.
3. Review your documentary evidence
Explore the specific documents you will need to supply with your application that will enable us to assess it.
4. Meet English language requirements
You must provide evidence that you meet the English language requirements for admission to ANU, even if you are a domestic student.
5. Explore visa requirements for international students
To study in Australia, you will need to apply for a student visa. Understanding visa requirements will help ensure your application meets these.
6. Learn about Mandatory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
As an international student in Australia, you will need overseas health cover for the duration of your stay.
7. Apply for campus accommodation
ANU offers a range of accommodation options across our campus. To apply, please submit an application on the Accommodation Portal. Please note that we guarantee an offer of on campus accommodation to international undergraduate students commencing in the first semester of their first year of study at ANU. Learn more about Accommodation guarantee at ANU and How accommodation preferences are managed.
View your options for living on-campus if you will be under 18 at the start of the semester. Your visa will require you to prove that you have organised acceptable living arrangements.