Due to the disruptions caused by COVID-19, we have adapted our admissions process for undergraduate study at ANU in 2021.
We will now make offers based on Year 11 results on 10 August 2020, and these will be honoured for study in 2021 as long as students have completed Year 12.
Learn more about these changes and how it may affect your application, the co-curriculars and service requirement, or program pre-requisites in our admissions FAQs
These changes do not apply to non-school leavers and/or those who did not study an Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate program.
The information on this page is related to study in 2021.
Making access to scholarships simple
Your direct application to ANU allows you to apply for over 200 scholarships in a single application.
You tell us about yourself in your ANU application and then we match you with scholarships that are directly related to your needs.
During your application you will be asked if you'd like to apply for:
- Only scholarships with automatic consideration - these scholarships are assessed based on your preferred program selection, study options (such as a flexible double degree), disadvantages, and your selection rank/ATAR.
- All eligible scholarships - these scholarships require you to complete four supplementary questions. You are also required you to submit the name and contact details of at least one referee who is able to comment on your academic history and/or be able to comment on your co-curricular or service activities. If you choose to apply for all eligible scholarships, you will also be considered for all scholarships with automatic consideration.
Please note, all Scholarship Conditions of Award are currently under review and will be published prior to any conditional offers being made for 2021 admission.
The majority of scholarships available through direct applications are offered based on your conditional outcomes. However, there are some scholarships that will be assessed based on your final ATAR or, in the case of music scholarships, once the audition process is completed.
The following scholarships will be offered to eligible applicants at the time their ATAR has been released:
*These scholarships also require completion of auditions before offers can be made.
If you are eligible and competitive for one of the above scholarships, you can expect to receive a successful outcome when you receive your final offer for admission and accommodation to ANU.
Tuckwell Scholarship application
The ANU Tuckwell Scholarship Program is the most transformational undergraduate scholarship program in Australia. Recipients receive:
- $22,200 per annum
- travel allowances of up to $2,000 per annum
- access to coaching, community and leadership development; and
- an ANU Sports Centre membership.
More information about the Tuckwell Scholarship Program, eligibility, the application process and deadline is available at tuckwell.anu.edu.au.
Domestic students applying direct to ANU no longer need to apply separately for scholarships.