In most cases, direct domestic applicants are eligible to change their preferences prior to receiving a final offer of admission.
Change of preference is open now until December 18 2019.
What is change of preference?
Change of preference is an opportunity for you to re-order or add new programs to your list of preferences that ANU will assess for admission. Your preferences are assessed in order from first to fifth, so the program you want to study most should be your first preference, the one you want to study second-most as your second preference, and so on.
Why should I change my preference?
You will be assessed for admission to ANU based on the order of your preferences. Change of preference is an opportunity to add, remove, or rearrange your preferences. For example, may want to change your preference if:
- you want to be assessed for a full offer to a program that you did not receive a conditional offer for
- you want to reorder your preferences so that the program you received a conditional offer for is your first preference for full offer assessment
What happens if I change my preference?
The order of your preferences is important. Preferences are assessed from first preference (the program you want to study the most) to fifth preference (the program you want to study the least). If you change your preferences, please note:
- It is strongly recommended that you keep the program that you received a conditional offer for as one of your five preferences.
- Removing the program you have a conditional offer for from your preferences will revoke your conditional offer and if you do not receive a full offer to one of your other preferences, you will not get an offer to ANU.
- If you keep your conditional offer as one of your preferences, then it is still possible to get a full offer to this preference, even if it is not your first choice for study.
If you have received an offer of scholarship, please read the Conditions of Award (available in your offer letter) carefully as some scholarships are tied to certain programs, disciplines or academic Colleges. You may lose your scholarship if you change your preference and receive an offer to a program that is not related to your specific scholarship.
If you have questions about your scholarship, please contact the Future Student Enquiry team for advice.
How do I change my preference?
- Log into the application portal
- Select the 'Programs' section
- Select 'Search for programs' to add a new preference.
You can also re-order your existing preferences in the 'Programs' section.
The order of your preferences is important. Preferences are assessed from first preference (the program you want to study the most) to fifth preference (the program you want to study the least). You need to make sure you order your preferences to get the best outcome for you, however changing your preferences will impact upon your conditional offer and could impact your scholarship eligibility.